• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by founder View Post
    why is this thread so quiet

"It's all gone quiet" said Custard... "Too Quiet" said Roobarb.

Comment

Too busy working to be posting

Comment

Even I am getting calls for outside IR35 roles. Not sure what happened last week but it's getting better.
        And recruiters are keen to talk to you all the time so market might be switching to the other side, hopefully after a very very long time.

Comment

I have had a few first interviews for Senior permanent roles but can't get past to second interview stage. I think there are too many applicants and clients are trying to find the perfect fit for them.

On the contract side things are very quiet, just the odd phone call from agents now and then. This is the worst contract market I can remember and the new IR35 rules have complicated matters. Normally you would be put forward for 2-3 roles per day and line-up interviews but not in this market.

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
            why is this thread so quiet
            No contracts = Quiet contractorUK forums

Comment

It's picking up, I've just started an outside of IR35 role. It's not paying hugely but at the end of the day, the take-home is higher than inside roles that I'm seeing (generalist BA roles - with the now common obligatory 10 essential/must-have reqs).

Comment

Would be good if everyone could do their bit by stating their opposition to Inside IR35 work when people ring up about it. It all helps and it's all feedback that goes back to clients.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I got holiday pay in this inside ir35 at my daily rate, so for me its a lot closer to my outside rate, plus its remote so saving loads

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    Would be good if everyone could do their bit by stating their opposition to Inside IR35 work when people ring up about it. It all helps and it's all feedback that goes back to clients.
                    I'm leaving my contract after 1 month in to an outside IR35 gig that is paid less. Told the recruiter that there is a huge difference to my bottom line and now they are just looking for a replacement for an inside IR35 rate lower than mine!

They'll keep doing that as long as there are candidates accepting the terms!

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post

They'll keep doing that as long as there are candidates accepting the terms!
                      Would be good if everyone avoided the inside roles, but given the market I understand why people will go for them.

I hope over time as things settle down regarding Brexit/Covid/IR35 we'll see more outside IR35 contracts come on line.

Comment

Working...
                      X