• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought COBOL contractors potentially have a bit of niche going for them as it is unlikely many Permies will be trained up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
      I do find it amazing when people think all jobs can be offshores expect theirs. Are you wfh? If yes your
      Job can be done from abroad. That’s the facts. It’s just a matter of how much juice the lemon has

I’d love to be proved wrong with an example of a project that can only be done in the Uk by one specific individual
      I'm the IT Director.... if I get offshored, who else is left?

Comment

Middle managers including it directors often get hit first .

Anyway my state of the market is as follows “outside the Uk Ona good salary but desperately want to come back. I assign a zero probability to getting an outside ir35 job ever again. London banking. Now accepting that reality is perm or inside ir35 which I still don’t fully comprehend the difference. Salaries for perms are minimum 20% and more like 40% below what I think is reasonable. So either I am mad or the market is wrong”

This site has been a relief to understand that it’s not just me and to be grateful for what I have. I have come to accept I will be outside Uk until March 21 at the earliest and I hope the brexit nonsense is fixed somehow and things are back to normal. If Canary Wharf is still closed by then. then London as a whole is sold down the river.

The best outcome is brexit delivers some kind of it Java software development projects that need to be done in London or analysed in London or managed from London. Frankly I don’t see that happening but it’s a glimmer of hope

Comment

there'll always be PM jobs in LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
            Middle managers including it directors often get hit first .

Anyway my state of the market is as follows “outside the Uk Ona good salary but desperately want to come back. I assign a zero probability to getting an outside ir35 job ever again. London banking. Now accepting that reality is perm or inside ir35 which I still don’t fully comprehend the difference. Salaries for perms are minimum 20% and more like 40% below what I think is reasonable. So either I am mad or the market is wrong”

This site has been a relief to understand that it’s not just me and to be grateful for what I have. I have come to accept I will be outside Uk until March 21 at the earliest and I hope the brexit nonsense is fixed somehow and things are back to normal. If Canary Wharf is still closed by then. then London as a whole is sold down the river.

The best outcome is brexit delivers some kind of it Java software development projects that need to be done in London or analysed in London or managed from London. Frankly I don’t see that happening but it’s a glimmer of hope
            Was in Canary Wharf at lunchtime today, dozens of shops now closed for good sandwich shops that are normally rammed had 1 or 2 customers, 10 till workers with no customers to serve in Waitrose and no reservation required at the “Ivy” who were doing lunchtime specials!!!

Ghost town

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              ...no reservation required at the “Ivy” who were doing lunchtime specials!!!
              I hope you booked a table for you and your many friends. Sorry, "friends"

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I hope you booked a table for you and your many friends. Sorry, "friends"
                I was with your wife

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  I was with your wife
                  Ah, she did pop out for almost minute. I wondered where she'd been.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    there'll always be PM jobs in LONDON.
                    Those slides won't produce themselves.

Comment

Tech Project Manager 12 Month Contract £125 Per Day

Hi GOT

I am currently looking for a Tech Project Manager to start ASAP for a 1 year contract ( Outside of IR35).
                      Ideally looking for someone who is Mid level.

This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a huge impact within a rapidly growing start-up. They have an incredible company culture offering flexible working hours and a fun and energetic team environment.

You will be working closely with the Tech and Marketing team! You will be running sprints, working on Jira Ticketing etc

Please get in touch with your latest CV if you are interested interviews will be as early as tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Working...
                      X