• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    Good point - there is only a certain client size market that the big firms like TCS, Wipro, Infosys etc go for. Maybe longer term, contractors will need to be more flexible on working for medium and even small size firms.
    A lot of the small firms will be outside IR35 as well

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM View Post
      A lot of the small firms will be outside IR35 as well
      Eh...What?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Eh...What?
        I'd imagine he means no outside IR35 but aren't responsible for IR35 determination post April 2021 - would remain contractor responsibility?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Eh...What?
          Contracts are outside IR35 if the company you work for has less than 5 million on balance sheet or 10 million turnover

Comment

Contracts are outside IR35 if the company you work for has less than 5 million on balance sheet or 10 million turnover
            I thought it just meant that contractor makes determination not client when it's a small company as client. You can still be inside with a small company client.

Comment

I think the fact a lot of the banks aren't engaging PSCs anymore has lead people to believe all businesses are doing the same. Obviously remains to be seen ahead of April next year but there are still a lot of outside roles available relative to inside. Although it was academic in the end the contract I had up to May this year would have kept me outside.

Comment

Lol - very amusing

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Not for long.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, it's BAU for small clients (i.e., the contractor decides their own status and their company is liable), not outside by default.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      No, it's BAU for small clients (i.e., the contractor decides their own status and their company is liable), not outside by default.
                      yes thats what I mean obviously

Comment

Working...
                      X