• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Your logic is as follows:

I've never worked at a client that uses cloud tech therefore all new gigs advertising cloud tech being used are bogus.

It's almost like you've got Wilmslow as a ghostwriter.
    So close.

Let's try and get this one over the line. If I take 2 beans, and add 2 more beans, what does that make?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      So close.

Let's try and get this one over the line. If I take 2 beans, and add 2 more beans, what does that make?

an accountant?

Comment

Even though Im not looking, I've received quite a lot of calls this week already, which i've not usually experienced at this time of year before, well at least not this volume. Calls have been regarding cloud architect positions.

Comment

So close.

1 magic bean available to be planted?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So close.

if I remember my Blackadder Sciences Tripos correctly - some beans?

Comment

It's what you all asked for...

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              3 years ago they had 1500 open/pipeline PM/BA roles open 1st week in Jan. This year he has 11 BA roles (all super technical ones) and zero PM roles (also zero scum masters and test managers)
              Brexit was a vote to be poor but happy. And so it is coming to pass.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ahspooner View Post
                Even though Im not looking, I've received quite a lot of calls this week already, which i've not usually experienced at this time of year before, well at least not this volume. Calls have been regarding cloud architect positions.
                Not surprised, there's tons of cloud architect roles on the job boards as well. Lots of data engineer roles as well.

Comment

So close.

The world's weakest espresso?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

"This phase of the project requires some experienced DevSecOps resource to supplement the world-class engineering team that is already in place.

You'll have friction from all angles that you will have to manage. People who have worked in the same way for many years and are heavily resistant to change, trying to pass waterfall methodologies down your throat while passing DevOps off as a 'fad'. You'll need to be the type of person who isn't afraid to be completely frank and honest, and the ability to tell people their kids are ugly."

25 years of experience and qualifications to be outdone by a 20 something who lacks social skills

Sounds like a job for NorthernLad, i am sure he can be acquired to do this for less than £700pd.

Comment

Originally posted by ahspooner View Post
                      Same, the masses are starting the migration. Fill ya boots.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X