• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the 1st day, I have applied for zero jobs on JobServe as none posted

I remember hitting 50 some days before I got board or got agents calling me up

Last few weeks it’s been 5 or 6 a day

Today zero

Beer o’clock

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Do we agree with this last part about the IT sector? I'm not sure I do!
      No. I've had 3 roles put on hold until the new year. Brexit will be sorted by then so it can't be that ;-). Definitely relating more to the general outlook. By then rates will be firm ly on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Today zero

Beer o’clock

Ditto, it's not just you. I spent some time trying to respond to jobs on Linked In but finally quit in disgust. Most don't even have the rate or salary , and the ones that do are too low. Then if you want to apply, you get sent to that stupid joblyft site that doesn't work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          Ditto, it's not just you. I spent some time trying to respond to jobs on Linked In but finally quit in disgust. Most don't even have the rate or salary , and the ones that do are too low. Then if you want to apply, you get sent to that stupid joblyft site that doesn't work at all.
          I'd guess that many decisions are postponed but not all recruiters are relaying that information since they want to harvest CV's. Also seeing job descriptions on the merry-go-round at companies too (over a year in some cases), probably the HR peeps doing their job of seeking the best talent. Who wouldn't want to help them?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            Exactly. They force you to go umbrella and you can't claim expenses.
            The idea behind that is, that if you're found inside-IR35 (*sorry all you banking folks who didn't get individually assessed*), then you're basically working like an employee.

If employees don't get paid for home to work travel, then neither should you according to them.

Thanks

Zeeshan
            Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Today zero

Beer o’clock

There have been some days in the last few weeks, where I've had literally zero jobs to apply for. It's depressing when there is nothing to even click on.

Even looking at perm roles. There a few dotted around but the salaries are 10-15k lower than expected

Comment

Today zero

Beer o’clock

Wow! 50 a day! Was that just a scatter gun approach or did you genuinely fit the criteria? What was your hit rate like?

Comment

Originally posted by iainb View Post
                  Wow! 50 a day! Was that just a scatter gun approach or did you genuinely fit the criteria? What was your hit rate like?
                  When a project manager was a thing - job is mostly retired now

Comment

When a project manager was a thing - job is mostly retired now
                    I keep hearing that PM roles are dead.. isn't it just IT PM jobs that have largely gone?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      I keep hearing that PM roles are dead.. isn't it just IT PM jobs that have largely gone?
                      No, just the ones GoT wants

Comment

Working...
                      X