• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Rumours of big contractor walkout at M.O.J because of IR35.
    If it's ATOS and its affiliates, this wouldn't come as a major surprise concidering how quick ATOS seems to throw contractors under the bus every 5 minutes when troubles brew.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      Hopefully things will start picking up with the kids going back to school. Note I began that sentence with 'hopefully'.
      Went to several leaving do’s for sapient (outsourced company) last week, 1st time ever they are sending people back to Indian as zero order books post September

Guys got 2 months notice so selling everything, and giving up girlfriends, lovers, cats, cars etc

Hundreds apon hundreds not just a few

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Went to several leaving do’s for sapient (outsourced company) last week, 1st time ever they are sending people back to Indian as zero order books post September

Guys got 2 months notice so selling everything, and giving up girlfriends, lovers, cats, cars etc

Hundreds apon hundreds not just a few

I've heard this for other companies too. Orders have fallen off a cliff.

Buckle up folks, it's going to be a very bumpy ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
          I've heard this for other companies too. Orders have fallen off a cliff.

Buckle up folks, it's going to be a very bumpy ride.
          London has gone into full panic mode over Brexit.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            London has gone into full panic mode over Brexit.
            In what way?
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              In what way?
              The belief that we won't crash out with no deal is quickly being eroded creating unprecedented levels of uncertainty and business planers hate uncertainty. I have not come across any Business projects that are taking advantage of the Brexit opportunity but the usual pre-recession cost cutting project talk.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                The belief that we won't crash out with no deal is quickly being eroded creating unprecedented levels of uncertainty and business planers hate uncertainty. I have not come across any Business projects that are taking advantage of the Brexit opportunity but the usual pre-recession cost cutting project talk.
                Glad I don't live in London then

Comment

It's not just London and IT, the whole economy is tanking UK wide:

telegraph

'‘Shocking’ slowdown leaves factory activity at a seven-year low"

I've chickened out of this one and gone perm, we are looking at a good 18 months of carnage including the April IR35 private sector roll out.

Comment

Soon coming to an area near you as 10’s of thousands of London contractors compete in the rest of the country for your work

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      It's not just London and IT, the whole economy is tanking UK wide:

telegraph

'‘Shocking’ slowdown leaves factory activity at a seven-year low"

I've chickened out of this one and gone perm, we are looking at a good 18 months of carnage including the April IR35 private sector roll out.
                      Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Soon coming to an area near you as 10’s of thousands of London contractors compete in the rest of the country for your work

Jesus wept. Anyone else want to join in the mansplaination?? I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.

Comment

Working...
                      X