• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    How are project managers finding the market at the moment? I have a contract coming up for renewal soon so need to put the feelers out.
    Personally finding PM / Programme Mgr market quite good.

Just been put forward for Snr Project Manager role at £750pd in Insurance even though I have another offer on the table

Comment

Got through a phone interview this week with a view to a face to face follow up this week.

Apparently the whole thing has been pushed back a week. Will believe it when i see it now.

Comment

So once the penny drops are we going to see public sector contractors trying to get into the private sector?

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          So once the penny drops are we going to see public sector contractors trying to get into the private sector?
          Some. I doubt the penny is going to drop though as its not going to hit the papers at all.

It's why I'm heading to the private sector come January (assuming I can't get what I'm working on done in time and I probably can't).

That should get me in before the rush and allow me to get a longish enough role to get me past the April - July panic...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Some. I doubt the penny is going to drop though as its not going to hit the papers at all.

It's why I'm heading to the private sector come January (assuming I can't get what I'm working on done in time and I probably can't).

That should get me in before the rush and allow me to get a longish enough role to get me past the April - July panic...
            I have worked with a few ex-public sector contractors (some went back into afterwards) and they would have a meltdown if they contracted somewhere where there wasn't firmly established reporting lines and processes in place.

They tend to be walking IR35 targets as well.

Comment

Been offered a role with a well known investment bank....the rate is ONLY £200 a day below market rate so I passed it on for someone else more needy than I to take (A.K.A someone who needs a work visa and is more than happy to work for 50% of what it should be!).

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                Been offered a role with a well known investment bank....the rate is ONLY £200 a day below market rate so I passed it on for someone else more needy than I to take (A.K.A someone who needs a work visa and is more than happy to work for 50% of what it should be!).
                How can you work on a work visa except as a permanent employee?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had an agent e-mail me about a Test Lead role in Worksop I have long forgotten about (it was the end of October).

They had nearly 400 applications.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    How can you work on a work visa except as a permanent employee?
                    Could be Tier 5 YMS formerly Working Holiday Maker Visa but I agree with you, poster is bullshiiting.....

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                      Just had an agent e-mail me about a Test Lead role in Worksop I have long forgotten about (it was the end of October).

They had nearly 400 applications.
                      Please don't believe a word the agent is telling you. We are currently trying to recruit in the East Midlands and can't find anyone. We just keep getting the same 10 CV's from all the agencies.

The East Midlands is booming for both Contracts and Permanent vacancies. Standard .Net Dev seems to be creeping up to 60k for permanent roles.

Comment

Working...
                      X