• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Friday was interesting. Two job offers and a contract offer on the same day. Took the better permie job.
    Congrats. Best of luck with it.



    To anyone despairing, if LM can find work in this market...
    Last edited by Old Greg; 14 September 2020, 17:35.

    Comment


      More CV harvesting from pimps who I thought were better than that - or they claim to be!

      Yes, looking at you Venturi.

      qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

      I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

      Comment


        Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Friday was interesting. Two job offers and a contract offer on the same day. Took the better permie job.
        Sellout to your clan

        Do the contract simultaneously


        Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

        Comment


          Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Sellout to your clan

          Do the contract simultaneously
          If it had been a six month contract, it might have been more tempting but by the time they spelt out the full perm package, it became far more appealing.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

          Comment


            Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            If it had been a six month contract, it might have been more tempting but by the time they spelt out the full perm package, it became far more appealing.
            Congrats.
            Did you have any bench time or is this back to back with your recent contract/gig?

            Well done, considering the current market.

            Comment


              Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              40K will soon be the new £50K next month




              Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              I wouldn't be surprised if hiring managers are taking bets on how low can it go.

              Comment


                Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                More CV harvesting from pimps who I thought were better than that - or they claim to be!

                Yes, looking at you Venturi.

                qh
                Venturi have wasted a lot of my time and I've never got anything out of them.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                  Venturi have wasted a lot of my time and I've never got anything out of them.
                  IntecSelect are one other absolute ‘waste of space, and liars” bunch.
                  Never ever touching them even with a barge pole in future.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by dsc View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if hiring managers are taking bets on how low can it go.
                    Money isnt the only gripe at the mo. Companies and agencies are treating candidates like dirt.

                    I hear alot of people saying that Covid is a great excuse for a CV gap, but as ridiculous as it is, many hiring managers I have come across have looked down on the CV gap. They dont give a toss.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by sira View Post
                      Money isnt the only gripe at the mo. Companies and agencies are treating candidates like dirt.

                      I hear alot of people saying that Covid is a great excuse for a CV gap, but as ridiculous as it is, many hiring managers I have come across have looked down on the CV gap. They dont give a toss.
                      It's a problem when you're applying through the normal channels and they;re looking for a simple way to bin 80 our 100 CVs.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X