• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    I've seen an ad running for several weeks. Yesterday I noticed an ad saying the recruiter has the sole rights. The other ads are still running.
    Sole rights to the CVs I suspect, rather than the gig itself

Or, as I have seen yonks ago, they are the first tier agency and they have farmed out to another agency to get access to a wider contractor base so the second tier agency would get a cut but your contract would be with the first one. I don't think that happens so much any more and is highly unlikely in the case you describe.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 15 November 2019, 17:47. Reason: sentences make sure sense when you include all the words

Comment

Whatever the state of the market it's always worth looking, as something will eventually turn up. Found a in teresting potential opportunity this morning. Our client in... etc. then goes on to a lengthy cut-and-paste that kindly names the c-suite. No need for proof readers. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
        Having had a good look at the market the only conclusion one can come to is that it’s a case of silent witness with the corpse being the contract market.

Paye/IR35 etc. is irrelevant at this stage, another quarter like this and we will start to see some agency desks go under.
        In my industry and niche it's a source of amazement to me that 2-3 of the agencies at least aren't dead yet. I guess they are only afloat because of the existing gigs - cos there is zero new going on at present.

Comment

Will someone start a GoFundMe for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            In my industry and niche it's a source of amazement to me that 2-3 of the agencies at least aren't dead yet. I guess they are only afloat because of the existing gigs - cos there is zero new going on at present.
            Would that niche be PeopleSoft?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Would that niche be PeopleSoft?
              Not any more - I created the account in 2007 when it was - not now.

Comment

I have had a recent run of spectacular lies from agents recently too. Fair took me back to the 00s - I think it is a sign of a deflating market.

Comment

I have had a recent run of spectacular lies from agents recently too. Fair took me back to the 00s - I think it is a sign of a deflating market.
                  You can always ask them how are they finding it?

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
                    You can always ask them how are they finding it?
                    I have asked a few - but they tend to be a bit non-commital as no-one wants to say things are bad. No-one wants to admit they are the agency with no gigs

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I have asked a few - but they tend to be a bit non-commital as no-one wants to say things are bad. No-one wants to admit they are the agency with no gigs
                      I get the impression agencies make so much money from contractors, that it would take a full on recession for them to be affected.

Comment

Working...
                      X