• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post

I posted an IT role on LI before the summer. About 95% of the many, many applicants weren't qualified for the role. They either hadn't even read the job spec, or were applying from countries such as Turkey, Iran or Pakistan with no right to work in the country.
    How easy is it to sift through the applicants? cause for normal jobs, if you get 400 CVs you will just stop looking past a certain amount, so you might miss some pretty well fitting CVs that way. That's the main issue with 100+ applicants, is that your CV just drowns in a sea of tulipe.

Comment

I am going for it seemed v promising yesterday but not sure it will happen...they will no doubt have a lot of interest!

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

That sounds excellent. I would work for free in a office ATM!
        Blasphemy! - BURN THE WITCH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
          I am going for it seemed v promising yesterday but not sure it will happen...they will no doubt have a lot of interest!
          Good luck! Hopefully it'll tide you over until something better comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
            Just as I am in the throws of shutting down my Limited company out of the blue I've had a call about a potential outside role, paying £375 - £400 per day with a minimum of 3 days in the office....it's about an hour from me. Not getting hopes up as no doubt someone will offer to do it for tuppence.....

I've been fully remote for 5 years so 3 days minimum per week in an office isn't massively appealing....plus rate is not all that....any thoughts/comments...
            What other options have you got? bench at £0ph? if it sounds doable and semi interesting, I'd go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post

It's been demonstrated time and time again that folks shouldn't be put off by the number of applications to roles on LI as there is very little quality control. An agent I know had similar, 500+ applications and less than a dozen vaguely worth considering. 80%+ were overseas folks without the skills or needing visa support.
              I agree. Current client posted a role and got 300+ responses, none of which actually had any experience of the main skill requested.

The problem is, if you apply too you are going to get lost in the pile. So if you can, apply through a different channel.

Comment

Working...
              X