• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

I've no idea how your post was quoted in my reply, now edited to focus my ire on the correct post

EDIT: It keeps including your post, but not showing it until after I post. Removed again!
    This site is fooked. You started a reply to NLUK and then binned it, so that reply will continue to appear when starting new posts, perhaps until you clear your cache, unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

This site is fooked. You started a reply to NLUK and then binned it, so that reply will continue to appear when starting new posts, perhaps until you clear your cache, unsure.
      Don't worry, Labour will be along to clear out everybody's CASH.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

That happens when you have clicked the "Multiquote" button under the post that you had replied to (it is persistent). Go back and click it again to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post

Don't worry, Labour will be along to clear out everybody's CASH.
          I'd laugh, but I feel more like crying.

Comment

When is the first Government Budget announcement going to happen?

I guess thats going to be the new excuse/reason as to why the job market is still in the doldrums.

Then after that the reason is going to be US elections..

My guess is Jan or April 2025 before we get a clear runway for take off.

The contractor market in 2025: the sonic boom at the 55 second market is Trump's re-election in January, then the market goes vertical:

Last edited by Fraidycat; 5 July 2024, 12:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

I guess thats going to be the new excuse/reason as to why the job market is still in the doldrums.

Earliest a budget can be done (with checks) is September 11th.

Reality is it's going to be in October...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The contractor market in 2025: the sonic boom at the 55 second market is Trump's re-election in January, then the market goes vertical:

People can always find topical reasons - stock market, currency fluctuations, elections, governments, immigration, interest rates, etc. - for ebbs and flows in the job market that suit their world view. I'm guilty of it myself, biased towards seeing everything adverse through the lens of mass non-EU immigration.

There is no one market for contractors ​​and neither does any of the above have any clear link to or impact on the 'contractor market' (however one might choose to define that). Imho, I wouldn't characterise the job market as being 'in the doldrums' at present.

The notion that most companies are looking at the UK election, French election, Trump, the S&P, the FTSE, Andrew Bailey's tea leaves, who wins the Euros, etc. to decide what to do is just not the case. There will be some industries that will be impacted more than others depending on the nature of govt expenditure but in most mature western democracies, irrespective of all the noise, the movements in policies that impact the economy are marginal and usually creates winners as well as losers.

Comment

Working...
                X