• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It technical tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that what weekends are for?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      You probably failed the counting test.
      Nope? they were dumb and confused me with someone. After this i told myself no more tests. Unfortunately they happen with contracting too:S

Comment

These sorts of things are for employees, I've never been asked to do one apart from once.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          These sorts of things are for employees, I've never been asked to do one apart from once.
          So have been asked to do one.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            So have been asked to do one.
            lol!!

True - but it weren't a tech test, it were a psychometric test not that it changes what I said into common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              lol!!

True - but it weren't a tech test, it were a psychometric test not that it changes what I said into common sense!
              A 100% failure rate in tests for gigs. You should be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                A 100% failure rate in tests for gigs. You should be proud.
                Did I say i failed?

Comment

I usually swerve these however curiosity got the better of me and did two for Rethink Rec a few years back. passed the both with avg of 82% (pass was 75%) but heard nothing afterwards.

Wouldn't bother with them again.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Depends how much time you have and your other options.

It's a good sign that they're testing you before any offer, means that it should be a decent place to work - but, yeah it's a hassle to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      So i'm on the market and pretty much bombarded with tests that i need to complete to prove my worth.
                      The problem is i'm still on gig and every test takes 4h+ . the last project i completed took me good 12h and completely nailed but didn't win the gig. So pretty annoying especially I want to have some free time for myself too
                      When you are on the market , do you do these tests or just interview with clients directly ?
                      I do the tests. I agree they are a pain but I did one test that took around 5 hours and got the gig as a result. I assume I was the only aplicant that could be 4rsed to make the effort.

Just did an IKM C language test and scored 99/100 putting me in the 98th percentile </boasting> Haven't heard back regarding an interview slot yet though...

Boo

Comment

Working...
                      X