• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working From Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    So your management experience, control as you put it, extends to managing yourself?

Enjoy your self control.

I hope your company grows and you are successful. I admire anyone with the balls to take the jump.

No. My management experience extends a lot further. But in the end I decided I'd rather do my own thing than be part of a corporate machine.

Comment

I like the world of warcraft part of this thread. its sort of linked to OP point as you can WFH and play warcraft an no one will every know

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
        I like the world of warcraft part of this thread. its sort of linked to OP point as you can WFH and play warcraft an no one will every know
        Eh? Can? I thought that was the whole reason everyone wanted WFH?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You can also get dressed up as your fave character and do your meetings (phone not skype) in a wizards hat etc

Comment

You can also get dressed up as your fave character and do your meetings (phone not skype) in a wizards hat etc
            Niiiiiiice! If got to get me some of this. Does this mean 'Samantha' can come out and not just on Thursday night?

Comment

I R 1337

Comment

Niiiiiiice! If got to get me some of this. Does this mean 'Samantha' can come out and not just on Thursday night?
                Oh dear....

When you WFH it is advisable to be dressed in normal clothes so the postman and various parcel courier drivers don't get a shock.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Oh dear....

When you WFH it is advisable to be dressed in normal clothes so the postman and various parcel courier drivers don't get a shock.
                  Hmm very good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Hmm very good point. Hadn't thought of that.
                    And even if you dress "weird" to try and discourage them, they will probably knock on your door on to deliver all your neighbours' parcels even when they are all in.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

WFH, Warcraft Famous Hero, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X