• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working From Home

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working From Home"

Collapse

• Danglekt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Eh? Can? I thought that was the whole reason everyone wanted WFH?
    WFH, Warcraft Famous Hero, right?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Hmm very good point. Hadn't thought of that.
    And even if you dress "weird" to try and discourage them, they will probably knock on your door on to deliver all your neighbours' parcels even when they are all in.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Oh dear....

When you WFH it is advisable to be dressed in normal clothes so the postman and various parcel courier drivers don't get a shock.
    Hmm very good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Niiiiiiice! If got to get me some of this. Does this mean 'Samantha' can come out and not just on Thursday night?
    Oh dear....

When you WFH it is advisable to be dressed in normal clothes so the postman and various parcel courier drivers don't get a shock.

Leave a comment:

• Smartie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
    I like the world of warcraft part of this thread. its sort of linked to OP point as you can WFH and play warcraft an no one will every know
    I R 1337

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You can also get dressed up as your fave character and do your meetings (phone not skype) in a wizards hat etc
    Niiiiiiice! If got to get me some of this. Does this mean 'Samantha' can come out and not just on Thursday night?

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    You can also get dressed up as your fave character and do your meetings (phone not skype) in a wizards hat etc

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I like the world of warcraft part of this thread. its sort of linked to OP point as you can WFH and play warcraft an no one will every know

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    So your management experience, control as you put it, extends to managing yourself?

Enjoy your self control.

I hope your company grows and you are successful. I admire anyone with the balls to take the jump.

No. My management experience extends a lot further. But in the end I decided I'd rather do my own thing than be part of a corporate machine.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Cleaning company? No I left the corporate world a couple of years ago and started my own ISV and SaaS company.

I am Founder, CEO, Chief Architect, Lead Developer, Head of Customer Success and Tea Boy.
    So your management experience, control as you put it, extends to managing yourself?

Enjoy your self control.

I hope your company grows and you are successful. I admire anyone with the balls to take the jump.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Yeah. You used to be able to just straight to 70 not so long ago. No more running round in the Barrens for hours in end grinding rabbits and snakes for XP. Wheres the challenge now

And the random cross realm raid finder. What a disaster they are!

That free boost of one toon to 100 kind of kills it. But wow, you can timewalk back to Deadmines!
    Last edited by clearedforlanding; 22 January 2016, 15:39.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Yeah. You used to be able to just straight to 70 not so long ago. No more running round in the Barrens for hours in end grinding rabbits and snakes for XP. Wheres the challenge now

and it was better before cataclysm... :-(

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Meh I am sure it can be picked up again, most of the regulars who still play that I speak to say its been nerfed so you can solo play it with pickup groups for raids etc.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Meh I am sure it can be picked up again, most of the regulars who still play that I speak to say its been nerfed so you can solo play it with pickup groups for raids etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X