• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gravitas Recruitment Group - Meeting request?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravitas Recruitment Group - Meeting request?

Had a call from a fairly nice chap from GRG. Didn't push for references, etc but did say they "as a premium recruiter" are very keen to meet with new contractors F2F or via Skype.

Is it worth it? It'd be nice to think their are agencies who genuinely like to build a relationship/rapport with the people they're trying to place but sadly it's not the norm.

Anyone got specific experience with this company rather than general "they're all parasites" comments?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Had a call from a fairly nice chap from GRG. Didn't push for references, etc but did say they "as a premium recruiter" are very keen to meet with new contractors F2F or via Skype.

Is it worth it? It'd be nice to think their are agencies who genuinely like to build a relationship/rapport with the people they're trying to place but sadly it's not the norm.

Anyone got specific experience with this company rather than general "they're all parasites" comments?
    I have good experience with Gravitas. Didn't have any jobs from them but they were always friendly and offered advice when I needed it.

Comment

I've met one and it came to nothing so you could say more the fool me but it cost me nothing so no skin of my nose.

If it's not going to inconvenience you and you are going to be OK if to get no benefit from it then why not.

Oh sorry. When I say one it was a different agency.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Unless you've an interview and he's willing to meet up near the client before or after interview - don't bother.

Skype is not unreasonable if you've time to kill - why not?

Comment

If it's not out of your way then I would go.

Expanding your network is never a bad idea.

And you might get a free drink out of it...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

ROC IT and a few others do this. They say its so they can assure clients they have vetted every contractor (after they've pumped them for referees names & addresses).
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Met agents twice for a brew and chat, amounted to the expected fishing attempts to garner the much fabled referees, does so and so still run the department at company x etc.... Total waste of both our times. I assume the lad/lass fancies themselves as being able to charm your little black book when face to face as opposed to phone or mail?

Comment

Always worth meeting face to face - unless you have an awful personality! Skype and telephone less so. But always be on your guard.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If they have a role that that think you can fill they will be all over you like flies on tulip, otherwise it's a waste of your time meeting up IMO.

Comment

I met one once.

Went for a nice lunch in the city paid for by the agent.

It didn't lead to anything although the agent keeps in-touch to see if I'm interested in any of their roles now and again.
                    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                    X