• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract from hell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract from hell

A living nightmare, dropped into an already established can of worms. I cannot make any impact due to being restricted by deeply embedded politics. The company was in dire straits and has recently been bought to turn it around. The role is nowhere close to what was agreed. 1 month into a 6 month. Cut loose or stick it?

Stick with it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by LHM View Post
      A living nightmare, dropped into an already established can of worms. I cannot make any impact due to being restricted by deeply embedded politics. The company was in dire straits and has recently been bought to turn it around. The role is nowhere close to what was agreed. 1 month into a 6 month. Cut loose or stick it?

How is your money situation? There lies the answer.

Comment

Are you man enough to deal with it and continue to invoice or do you want to voluntarily put yourself on the bench with no income?

Purely a personal choice this one. Do what YOU can cope with.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Are you man enough to deal with it .
          Too many assumptions NLUK.

Comment

Keep calm. Keep invoicing. Carry on looking round.

Comment

From what I can tell from your previous posts, this is your first contract and you've been there just under a month?

Maybe you still have a permie mindset? Don't get involved with the politics and just get your head down.

Comment

Originally posted by LHM View Post

It's the project manager/business sponsors problem to mitigate political roadblocks. Your job is to keep them updated on what they are.

I see from previous comments that this is your first contract? I would say stick with it, focus on trying to deliver and do your best to stay out of the politics. And keep your job search active throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  From what I can tell from your previous posts, this is your first contract and you've been there just under a month?

Maybe you still have a permie mindset? Don't get involved with the politics and just get your head down.
                  Wait until you get sent home due to a power cut... Get's nasty then!!

NCOTBAC this one.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Wait until you get sent home due to a power cut... Get's nasty then!!

NCOTBAC this one.
                    After 1 month? Sorry we are not all like you and jump from 0% to 100% immediately. Give the OP a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X