• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract translation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract translation

Hi Guys

Could someone please translate this into English I would understand, please..

i had a lawyer translate a part ... and now i dont even understand his translation

The contract is specific in prohibiting you from working for the company named in the contract or a person on whose site you worked.

If that's the translation I can only assume that English isn't the lawyer's first language. What does the original say and what language is it in?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What sort of work is it?
      Is the company a body shop?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sounds like part of a standard handcuff but odd there are no timescales
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakeupjester View Post

The contract is specific in prohibiting you from working for the company named in the contract or a [for a] person [at the company] on whose site you worked.
          Basically, you can't go and work for the client, or line manager again - normally, a timescale is included in this also.

Can you please put the before wording so we can have a better look?

Comment

Potentially something that restrictive could be laughed out of court. However, as others have said, better having it reworded as something reasonable.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Potentially something that restrictive could be laughed out of court. However, as others have said, better having it reworded as something reasonable.
              The trick is to get them to write it and not to tell them what to write.

That way if they are still to thick to work out parts are unenforceable you can ignore those parts.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X