• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still not sure what Umbrella to use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not sure what Umbrella to use

Hello

Has anyone heard of this site ? freelance supermarket apparently they rate Crystal Umbrella as the best.
    Im always take commercial site reviews with a pinch of salt!

Originally posted by slinkydonkey View Post
    Hello

Has anyone heard of this site ? freelance supermarket apparently they rate Crystal Umbrella as the best.
    Im always take commercial site reviews with a pinch of salt!

You've already asked a similar question on the umbrella forum. The advice from TheFaqqer was to use contractorumbrella. They may be slightly more expensive than others (I don't know) but there is 2 things we can safely say.

1) HMRC won't be knocking on your door asking for large sums of money some time down the line. Although crystal do appear to follow the same logic...
    2) you have direct access via this forum to the managing director of that umbrella. Any issues will be dealt with which you can't say of other options..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Go limited then at least one person gets a cut of your day rate rather than two
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I use Crystal Umbrella and have done for a number of years and more than happy with their service and support. Very easy to use portal and no fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Go limited then at least one person gets a cut of your day rate rather than two
          Limited companies are ok but i don't know if im going to stay doing contracting its only a 3 month contract so me setting up a limited company would be pointless and expensive. But yes if i stay contracting ill sure to get a limited so thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You've already asked a similar question on the umbrella forum. The advice from TheFaqqer was to use contractorumbrella. They may be slightly more expensive than others (I don't know) but there is 2 things we can safely say.

1) HMRC won't be knocking on your door asking for large sums of money some time down the line. Although crystal do appear to follow the same logic...
            2) you have direct access via this forum to the managing director of that umbrella. Any issues will be dealt with which you can't say of other options..
            lol sorry didn't think im at school again is there a law to say I can't ask the same question again?
            Yes im sure Contractor Umbrella are ok but the easy option isn't always the best.

Comment

lol sorry didn't think im at school again is there a law to say I can't ask the same question again?
              Yes im sure Contractor Umbrella are ok but the easy option isn't always the best.
              The thread just seems utterly pointless. There aren't many people here who use umbrellas (limited companies have benefits) so asking the question again in an inappropriate forum (there is 1 explicitly created for umbrellas) seems a bit pointless.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The thread just seems utterly pointless. There aren't many people here who use umbrellas (limited companies have benefits) so asking the question again in an inappropriate forum (there is 1 explicitly created for umbrellas) seems a bit pointless.
                He's on a cycle.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-umbrella.html

Give him a week and he'll have picked another and get exactly the same answers.

Rinse and repeat.

Comment

On the contrary, people expect silly questions from kids. No offence, but you've asked and had answers - you now have all the data available to you so you just need to pick. You've even said yourself it's only a 3 month contract, so just pick one of the two and see what happens.

Comment

I used Atlantic for a while. They were good enough that I stayed with them longer than I should have done before going Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                    X