• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you give me a list of all companies where you have been submitted?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is "locked in" to the business process of most agencies.
    Agencies have processes???

Comment

STOP!

As mentioned in your previous thread. You are not cut out to be a contractor. Talk to your current boss about next year's plan and work out how to meet it.

Stop wasting time on here.

Comment

You stop being an <mod snip>, you've had your say in the last topic. I'll do fine as a contractor. I'm young, have no commitments and I've had 27 voicemails in the 4 hours Monday morning when putting my CV online. I might not commence a £500 day rate, but it's not about the money for me. I've always had multiple permie offers to choose from when changing jobs and having multiple interviews, I'm sure I'll be fine. Besides, I have a 2 week notice period in a permanent job and I can live 2 years on savings on my bank account, from selling my own company 3 years ago. If this contracting thing does not work out, my boss even said I could come back to my current job. So you stop invading my threads and being an <mod snip>.
        Last edited by cojak; 8 January 2015, 22:31. Reason: Removed swearing. This is not General.

Comment

The bit that winds me up about the particular question of where you're applying to is when they use the "pally voice" to ask it... so you feel like a right nob declining (well, at first anyway).

Anyway I don't see why you shouldn't contract. Ignore naysayers on here, success doesn't always like company and feel free to ask any questions
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Wait until you have had two months on the bench and not a single call. You will be begging to be back in this position. Just be happy you get all these calls. You only need one and your are sorted. 1 gig out of 27 calls is a lot better than 0 for 0.

I do find this 27 voicemails a tad unbelievable as well but I've never looked like a permie so could be the way for permie roles. I've spoken to a number of agents over the last few months and asked why my phone has been so quiet and they told me they just don't need to bother calling anymore. They slap it on jobserve and then wade through all the responses. No need to go chasing people that are most likely to be in contract anyway.

It's a short term thing that will stop once your CV looks like a contractor. Grow some and see it through.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was asked this morning if I could tell them where I've been applying.

I laughed and asked him who his clients were...

"Oh, we've been very busy, too busy to take on new work..."

Yeah, right.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I do find this 27 voicemails a tad unbelievable as well but I've never looked like a permie so could be the way for permie roles.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I've spoken to a number of agents over the last few months and asked why my phone has been so quiet and they told me they just don't need to bother calling anymore. They slap it on jobserve and then wade through all the responses. No need to go chasing people that are most likely to be in contract anyway.

It's a short term thing that will stop once your CV looks like a contractor. Grow some and see it through.
                I was called Friday morning by 3 different agents regarding a newly just-released role and Wednesday morning as well. Within 2 hours... 3 calls from different agencies wanting to represent you to a specific company.

I'll be happy when I've signed my contract and can actually start a nice gig though.

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post

I was called Friday morning by 3 different agents regarding a newly just-released role and Wednesday morning as well. Within 2 hours... 3 calls from different agencies wanting to represent you to a specific company.

I'll be happy when I've signed my contract and can actually start a nice gig though.
                  Your mum left a lot of messages, maybe give her a call and make sure she's got your hot water bottle ready.

Comment

Someone really wanted the OP to help with his PPI claim

Comment

Working...
                    X