• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Magazine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE Magazine

Not one mention of IR35 in the newly branded magazine, do they still care about us?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Old news - nothing to see here, move along please...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Not one mention of IR35 in the newly branded magazine, do they still care about us?

qh
      Didn't get as far as the Chairman's article then...? You know, the one on page 2...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I wish they would stop send me this tripe. Its a waste of paper and would be better off posting a copy as a .pdf on this site so that we could read it, if we so choose?

Did you notice how many of the famous 15 were in IT? Just one, who is an App Developer.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          I wish they would stop send me this tripe. Its a waste of paper and would be better off posting a copy as a .pdf on this site so that we could read it, if we so choose?
          You can elect not to receive it, if you bother to look. Or, just as a mad idea, you could go to their site. Or do you expect Tesco to post their online shopping service on the LIDL website? It's available as a PDF anyway, but you can't leave PDFs lying around the office...

Did you notice how many of the famous 15 were in IT? Just one, who is an App Developer.
          Perhaps if you read it you would find out why
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            You can elect not to receive it, if you bother to look. Or, just as a mad idea, you could go to their site. Or do you expect Tesco to post their online shopping service on the LIDL website? It's available as a PDF anyway, but you can't leave PDFs lying around the office...
            Unless it's in a new place not on the main menu, the latest issue isn't on the website under Freelancing Matters where the old ones were. I was looking for it online yesterday so that I didn't have to go downstairs to find it to see what page the first reference to IR35 was on.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Didn't get as far as the Chairman's article then...? You know, the one on page 2...
              Okay, point taken Mal. I wasn't having a pop just wanted to raise the question.

My PCG+ membership is due in a few weeks and I will no doubt renew.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I must admit that I am considering whether to renew or not. I can't help feeling that the PCG has left me as an IT contractor behind in its rush toward a wider client-base and I am no longer sure what it is trying to do, what its direction is or who it represents.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                  I must admit that I am considering whether to renew or not. I can't help feeling that the PCG has left me as an IT contractor behind in its rush toward a wider client-base and I am no longer sure what it is trying to do, what its direction is or who it represents.
                  If you choose not to renew, please let IPSE know why not - a senior staff member commented on the IPSE forums shortly after the rename that so far only one person had told them that they weren't going to renew because of the direction shift, so it would be nice to get a more accurate figure.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                    It has never said that. In fact it has been at pains to point out that its core membership of IT and engineering contractors (remember them?) will remain at the heart of their strategy. That strategy hasn't changed in the slightest, it's just that there is a large number of other "self employed" workers out there - over 4 million of them - who don't know they need the kind of support and representation that IPSE is (and always has) offered if they aren't going to be dropped on by HMRC and HMG. And you won't get better professional, legal and business support at anywhere near the price, even if you disagree with the politics.

Seriously all this crap about abandoning their core constituency is just that: crap.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X