• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40 hrs minimum or 1/2 day rate penalty - never seen before

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once worked a 16 hour day to help out a client. He said he would sort it so I could claim the extra time as a day worked when I was off.

When I pushed him for it in writing his sidekick sent me an email quoting a PWD as 12 hours. The example he gave was that if I started work at 9am and had an hour unpaid for lunch, I shouldn't be leaving the office until 10pm. I just laughed and laughed...

I stuck to working 7 hour days and refused to offer to help when they were in the tulip again.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      I once worked a 16 hour day to help out a client. He said he would sort it so I could claim the extra time as a day worked when I was off.

When I pushed him for it in writing his sidekick sent me an email quoting a PWD as 12 hours. The example he gave was that if I started work at 9am and had an hour unpaid for lunch, I shouldn't be leaving the office until 10pm. I just laughed and laughed...

I stuck to working 7 hour days and refused to offer to help when they were in the tulip again.
      Indeed its all about give and take and being pragmatic. Current client is very flexible, they know I wont take the p!ss so are happy for me working flexible hours as they know they will need to call on me over the next few weeks for additional hours (its all been agreed to roll extra hours up and book half days as the timesheet cant handle it otherwise), hence I am happy to do extra to get them out of a hole. Weekend work is on the cards as well, at 1.5x (Sat) and 2x (Sun) rates

Comment

Psycho. Do NOT take this contract. Do not talk to the agent and certainly don't turn up for an interview in case you accidentally accept.

You haven't even been introduced to the client and already you're complaining about the amount of work they expect you to do.

Admin will have to create a new sub-forum for all your "unreasonable client" threads. Seriously, if you take this contract, TPD will have to be deleted to save the server from falling over.

TIA

Your pal pondy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Psycho. Do NOT take this contract. Do not talk to the agent and certainly don't turn up for an interview in case you accidentally accept.

You haven't even been introduced to the client and already you're complaining about the amount of work they expect you to do.

Admin will have to create a new sub-forum for all your "unreasonable client" threads. Seriously, if you take this contract, TPD will have to be deleted to save the server from falling over.

TIA

Your pal pondy.
          +1, Seriously dude did you manage to p!ss off the universe in some way as some point, seems to be its been trying to pay you back for some slight any chance it gets

Comment

You haven't even been introduced to the client and already you're incorrectly complaining about the amount of work they expect you to do.

TIA

Your pal pondy.
            FTFY
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Exactly how do you find these crap contracts and agencies?
              He gets his JSA sanctioned if he doesn't apply for a certain amount of jobs per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

12 hours. Yeh right.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

TIA

Your pal pondy.
                  Not bad for you Pondy. :-)

Now that you're all picking on me again Im off for a little cry....

To be honest, rate is v good so dont really mind. Just a bit unusual.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Not bad for you Pondy. :-)

Now that you're all picking on me again Im off for a little cry....

To be honest, rate is v good so dont really mind. Just a bit unusual.
                    The rate is very good because they hardly ever pay it....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      The rate is very good because they hardly ever pay it....
                      But that's for another thread......
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X