• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accepted offer but still no contract....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is no start date then you would not be breaking the contract by starting now, you can just tell them you'll be there in 3 months.

I don't think a contract without a start date is worth very much.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

The first one actually materialised and i start Thursday.

Comment

Well done, see there was a gig after all.

Seriously some gigs are like this, esp with security checks, etc. My last one was like this but what annoyed me was after clearing one set of checks was "oh by the way there's this to sort out as well" Start date kept on getting put back. I threatened to walk and my external contact (not a pimp, client of the client) made the deal more sweeter, so I held on for another 2 weeks and then got on site.

Keep invoicing.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

better than them keep moving the start date...
          Had this on my current gig.

Get job "We need you to start asap"
          "Ok i'll see you tomorrow."
          Err next week is better.
          "Ok i'll see you Monday"
          Actuality can you do the start of the Month?

Comment

3 years later...

So in the end i took the first one, the project i was meant to be working on got cancelled, a manager got sacked, there was a reshuffle and my line manager got moved upstairs within the first week. Nobody noticed i had nothing to do for 5 months and i didn't advertise that fact to them

Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              3 years later...

So in the end i took the first one, the project i was meant to be working on got cancelled, a manager got sacked, there was a reshuffle and my line manager got moved upstairs within the first week. Nobody noticed i had nothing to do for 5 months and i didn't advertise that fact to them

Good times
              Wow! I hope you got plenty of certs done in that time!

Comment

Working...
              X