• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Is Costing the UK £100 Billion a Year in Lost Output

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

For one glaring example, the UK government was forced to consider tenders from across the EU and cannot subsidise UK companies to improve their offering (one rule regularly ignored by France, for example). That one is still on the statute books.
    If you read the small print in the Brexit agreement then you'll find that the UK government will still need to consider tenders from across the EU.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

If you read the small print in the Brexit agreement then you'll find that the UK government will still need to consider tenders from across the EU.
      Yes I know. The point is we can choose which tender to accept and the losers won't be able to go to the European courts to get that decision overturned. Or if they do we can simply ignore them. Its called sovreignity...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yes I know. The point is we can choose which tender to accept and the losers won't be able to go to the European courts to get that decision overturned. Or if they do we can simply ignore them. Its called sovreignity...

Comment

Quite surprised that Brexiters aren't shouting about all the other international organisations that the UK belongs to and in many cases have to follow their rules. Just wait until the UK signs up to this one: International tax reform: OECD releases technical guidance for implementation of the global minimum tax - OECD
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They can sue in the UK courts so there is no difference. You are a KW17 2JF of the highest order
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

They can sue in the UK courts so there is no difference. You are a KW17 2JF of the highest order
              What would be the basis for doing so under UK law? Not adhering to someone else's rules I presume..

Just in case the point escaped you, we are talking about when we have finally dumped the existing EU laws not where we are at the moment. The question was "what are the benefits" post Brexit but that is clearly too subtle for you.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What would be the basis for doing so under UK law? Not adhering to someone else's rules I presume..

Just in case the point escaped you, we are talking about when we have finally dumped the existing EU laws not where we are at the moment. The question was "what are the benefits" post Brexit but that is clearly too subtle for you.
                It was the UK when in the UK who suggested this regulation and pushed it through
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                X