• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peoples' front of Judea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I find it interesting that the UK won't join unless at least one country outside of Europe is in it.
    Given we are already in NATO, as are many other EU countries, an EU army seems just a little redundant. And why does an economic union want an army anyway?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Given we are already in NATO, as are many other EU countries, an EU army seems just a little redundant. And why does an economic union want an army anyway?
      I was referring to the union of European nations.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I was referring to the union of European nations.
        Oh, that. OK. Another pointless chimera.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Because its not an economic union? 'Ever Closer Union'
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY
            By that logic, Liz Truss isn't a supermodel... YET. Both are of equal likelihood.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

By that logic, Liz Truss isn't a supermodel... YET. Both are of equal likelihood.
              Has Liz Truss ever suggested she wants to become a supermodel? The EU have suggested they want an Army & political wing.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

She does a lot of well-posed photo shoots

"The EU" has not expressed that view. It is made of up dozens of nations and hundreds of millions of people. You mean, some people in EU leadership have suggested it. The EU isn't a military union and won't become one, at least not while Nato is around.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  She does a lot of well-posed photo shoots

"The EU" has not expressed that view. It is made of up dozens of nations and hundreds of millions of people. You mean, some people in EU leadership have suggested it. The EU isn't a military union and won't become one, at least not while Nato is around.
                  So why are Brussels proposing a joint foreign policy and combining member states' military resources to support it?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So why are Brussels proposing a joint foreign policy and combining member states' military resources to support it?
                    If the UK was not in favour of such proposals or policies than as an EU member, the UK could veto it; as the UK has left the EU they no longer have a say. In any event it is highly unlikely that the 27 remaining countries would agree. Something needs to be done because currently, the EU is relying on NATO to protect it's borders on the eastern front.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The EU has been deploying military units in peace keeping operations for years, it isn't new, and it was in everyone's interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Artemis

It became an issue so that the Brexiteers could come up with fake arguments about an EU army. There is no plan for an EU army, just yet another rapid reaction force of a few thousand, because the previous was disbanded as the military conflicts to which they'd been deployed had been resolved.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X