• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Brexit benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Brexit benefits

    No not the same old moan...

    I want to know any real benefit that any individual on here has got as a direct result of brexit.
    Not 'sovrinty', or 'cOntROl are boArdErS', or any other fluff. A real personal benefit that you as an individual has received....

    It's been a good few months now and we're seven years on from the vote.

    See You Next Tuesday

    #2
    One very noticeable benefit of Brexit is that you never hear loud pro-Brexit conversations any more.

    Comment


      #3
      A stupendously high turnover in Great British Pounds Sterling from overseas sales. Thanks, Brexit!

      ( And the Brexit subforum is a strong second. )

      Comment


        #4
        I got an EU passport that costs less than a quarter of the price of a UK one.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          I got an EU passport that costs less than a quarter of the price of a UK one.
          Yeah, but is it blue? British Blue ink is worth it's weight in gold
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

          Comment


            #6
            I haven't noticed any changes, good or bad.
            Doing a stroll around Windsor on 11 Sept 2 Oct for Alzheimer's Society. You can chuck me a few quid here if you like: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lmallen-1

            Comment


              #7
              To be fair, a forum full of disguised employees (and now temp employees) is probably not the place to ask.

              Maybe ask on a business forum where people deal with the real world. If you deal in goods, either inwards or outwards to/from UK/EU, you'll have run into difficulties along the way. A lot of companies have opened premises somewhere in the EU to mitigate the issues of customs (as their goods movement now becomes intra company), so a lot of the earlier problems are being eased but at a cost.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                To be fair, a forum full of disguised employees (and now temp employees) is probably not the place to ask.
                speak for yourself


                Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Maybe ask on a business forum where people deal with the real world. If you deal in goods, either inwards or outwards to/from UK/EU, you'll have run into difficulties along the way. A lot of companies have opened premises somewhere in the EU to mitigate the issues of customs (as their goods movement now becomes intra company), so a lot of the earlier problems are being eased but at a cost.
                I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.

                See You Next Tuesday

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                  One very noticeable benefit of Brexit is that you never hear loud pro-Brexit conversations any more.
                  come to Yorkshire. They are still going on about how great it will be.
                  See You Next Tuesday

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.
                    If you sell paper or printer toner to companies trading with parts of the UK, then your business will be booming due to the requirements of Boris' Protocol that he denies having had anything to do with.
                    {emotionless greeting}

                    Three Word Slogan

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X