• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit benefits

No not the same old moan...

I want to know any real benefit that any individual on here has got as a direct result of brexit.
    Not 'sovrinty', or 'cOntROl are boArdErS', or any other fluff. A real personal benefit that you as an individual has received....

It's been a good few months now and we're seven years on from the vote.

See You Next Tuesday

One very noticeable benefit of Brexit is that you never hear loud pro-Brexit conversations any more.

Comment

A stupendously high turnover in Great British Pounds Sterling from overseas sales. Thanks, Brexit!

( And the Brexit subforum is a strong second. )

Comment

I got an EU passport that costs less than a quarter of the price of a UK one.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          I got an EU passport that costs less than a quarter of the price of a UK one.
          Yeah, but is it blue? British Blue ink is worth it's weight in gold
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I haven't noticed any changes, good or bad.

Comment

To be fair, a forum full of disguised employees (and now temp employees) is probably not the place to ask.

Maybe ask on a business forum where people deal with the real world. If you deal in goods, either inwards or outwards to/from UK/EU, you'll have run into difficulties along the way. A lot of companies have opened premises somewhere in the EU to mitigate the issues of customs (as their goods movement now becomes intra company), so a lot of the earlier problems are being eased but at a cost.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                To be fair, a forum full of disguised employees (and now temp employees) is probably not the place to ask.
                speak for yourself

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Maybe ask on a business forum where people deal with the real world. If you deal in goods, either inwards or outwards to/from UK/EU, you'll have run into difficulties along the way. A lot of companies have opened premises somewhere in the EU to mitigate the issues of customs (as their goods movement now becomes intra company), so a lot of the earlier problems are being eased but at a cost.
                I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                  One very noticeable benefit of Brexit is that you never hear loud pro-Brexit conversations any more.
                  come to Yorkshire. They are still going on about how great it will be.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.
                    If you sell paper or printer toner to companies trading with parts of the UK, then your business will be booming due to the requirements of Boris' Protocol that he denies having had anything to do with.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X