• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    speak for yourself

I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.
    JRM seemed to have hedged his funds very well

Comment

A fair bit more work from UK companies wanting systems for all the new teams that they've moved from the UK to the EU. I've done some very big projects where, primarily financial, companies need new development systems for new applications in the EU. In fact I've seen a lot of companies move development to the EU (and elsewhere) and have been extremely busy for the last 2-3 years. Thanks Brexit...oh and now having dual citizenship with 2 passports with all the benefits that brings (EU only queues in EU airports and British passport holders in British airports :-) )
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-biodiversity

Staunch remainer here but this does sound like a benefit...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
          https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-biodiversity

Staunch remainer here but this does sound like a benefit...
          wow.... A benefit it is.
          Not one that directly affects you though.

but ...... how much is caused by the fact that the UK fishing industry has almost totally collapsed?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

wow.... A benefit it is.
            Not one that directly affects you though.

but ...... how much is caused by the fact that the UK fishing industry has almost totally collapsed?
            nope it was probably legislation (hint it was banned, not happening because of less fishing) of course inside the EU it might have been possible to enact this but the super trawlers would have just ignored it.

Wildlife diversity affects us all.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Got one. A benefit that benefits me.

Speeding fine in a rental car in Germany a month or so ago.
              I don't have to pay it as the 2015 cross border directive no longer applies.

I'd rather pay the fine and have an EU passport though.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Got one. A benefit that benefits me.

Speeding fine in a rental car in Germany a month or so ago.
                I don't have to pay it as the 2015 cross border directive no longer applies.

I'd rather pay the fine and have an EU passport though.
                However, it will show up when you apply for ETA when it become compulsory later this year.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The only thing which has improved since Brexit is the average IQ of EU citizens.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    The only thing which has improved since Brexit is the average IQ of EU citizens.
                    why are you moving back to the UK?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

why are you moving back to the UK?
                      If he moves to England he will increase the average IQ in the EU and England at the same time.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X