• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit benefits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit benefits"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post

If he moves to sluff, he'll Quadruple it.
    Didn't know you lived round here!

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

so if he moves to Scotland he will double the average IQ then?
    If he moves to sluff, he'll Quadruple it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

If he moves to England he will increase the average IQ in the EU and England at the same time.
    so if he moves to Scotland he will double the average IQ then?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

why are you moving back to the UK?
    If he moves to England he will increase the average IQ in the EU and England at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The only thing which has improved since Brexit is the average IQ of EU citizens.
    why are you moving back to the UK?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The only thing which has improved since Brexit is the average IQ of EU citizens.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Got one. A benefit that benefits me.

Speeding fine in a rental car in Germany a month or so ago.
    I don't have to pay it as the 2015 cross border directive no longer applies.

I'd rather pay the fine and have an EU passport though.
    However, it will show up when you apply for ETA when it become compulsory later this year.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Got one. A benefit that benefits me.

Speeding fine in a rental car in Germany a month or so ago.
    I don't have to pay it as the 2015 cross border directive no longer applies.

I'd rather pay the fine and have an EU passport though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

wow.... A benefit it is.
    Not one that directly affects you though.

but ...... how much is caused by the fact that the UK fishing industry has almost totally collapsed?
    nope it was probably legislation (hint it was banned, not happening because of less fishing) of course inside the EU it might have been possible to enact this but the super trawlers would have just ignored it.

Wildlife diversity affects us all.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-biodiversity

Staunch remainer here but this does sound like a benefit...
    wow.... A benefit it is.
    Not one that directly affects you though.

but ...... how much is caused by the fact that the UK fishing industry has almost totally collapsed?

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-biodiversity

Staunch remainer here but this does sound like a benefit...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A fair bit more work from UK companies wanting systems for all the new teams that they've moved from the UK to the EU. I've done some very big projects where, primarily financial, companies need new development systems for new applications in the EU. In fact I've seen a lot of companies move development to the EU (and elsewhere) and have been extremely busy for the last 2-3 years. Thanks Brexit...oh and now having dual citizenship with 2 passports with all the benefits that brings (EU only queues in EU airports and British passport holders in British airports :-) )

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    speak for yourself

I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.
    JRM seemed to have hedged his funds very well

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I want to know of any real personal benefits. I already know the tulipstorm it's caused for business. I'm looking for a positive.
    If you sell paper or printer toner to companies trading with parts of the UK, then your business will be booming due to the requirements of Boris' Protocol that he denies having had anything to do with.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    One very noticeable benefit of Brexit is that you never hear loud pro-Brexit conversations any more.
    come to Yorkshire. They are still going on about how great it will be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X