• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GB sticker no longer valid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB sticker no longer valid

Not for gammons as they don't travel oversees anyway, but us remainers who like to go abroad, we now have to buy UK stickers for our cars as GB is no longer valid (Makes you wonder why wasn't it UK in the first place and will it now be Team UK at the Olympics)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58734265

Nothing to do with Brexit you pillock.

It changed from EU flag with GB to UK flag with GB when we exited the union. That was some ago, not this week.

Now HMG have changed it from UK flag with GB to UK flag with UK because GB excludes Northern Ireland whereas UK does not.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Nothing to do with Brexit you pillock.

It changed from EU flag with GB to UK flag with GB when we exited the union. That was some ago, not this week.

Now HMG have changed it from UK flag with GB to UK flag with UK because GB excludes Northern Ireland whereas UK does not.
      It is because of leaving the EU and you say nothing to do with brexit. Do they have a name for female gammons?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        It is because of leaving the EU and you say nothing to do with brexit. Do they have a name for female gammons?
        Porkers ?
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Porkers ?
          we have one for idiots like El reeker

NoBrainers.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Porkers ?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The first change was Brexit related - there was no way UK registered cars could use the EU flag any more. That came into effect when we exited the union.

This new change is not Brexit related as we could have stuck with GB but HMG decided UK should be the country identifier.

Why is that so hard to fathom?

Call me what you want you want but you're the feckless idiot not me

Comment

There was a rash young lady pig
                They said she was a smasher
                She suddenly ran
                Under a van
                And now she's a gammon rasher.

So there you are. A rasher.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I thought gammon was gender-neutral and thus awfully progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I thought gammon was gender-neutral and thus awfully progressive.
                    Fraid not..

The archetype of a red-faced, angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British right-wing male has been in present in popular culture since the mid-20th century, with the character Colonel Blimp first appearing in 1934, in newspaper cartoons and in the film The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp in 1948
                    It's been used as far back as 1604 as well so I doubt it was designed to be progressive but there are other words who's meanings have completely changed over time I guess.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X