• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't it time to let this go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Brexiters are now asserting that the vaccine was one of the reasons they voted for Brexit;.
    Nonsense. Brexiters DID however assert that the EU was a profligate bureaucratic disaster zone.
    The vaccine programme is simply highlighting that.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Their vaccine programme is a disaster because UK pulled dirty trick - they won’t forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Their vaccine programme is a disaster because UK pulled dirty trick - they won’t forget it.

what negotiating better than they did? I would expect remoaners to deny that was possible.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          what negotiating better than they did? I would expect remoaners to deny that was possible.
          It was a shadow export ban - could only happen when Govt "negotiates" with local supplier.

It was very stupid thing to do because this country depends on exports of other vaccines which are better than Astrazeneca plus even bigger long term problem with EU, very very stupid - keeping lockdown 2 going through December (and January) would have been much better choice - would have saved lots of lives, reputation etc.

But that requires long term thinking which frauds like Boris are just not capable of.

Comment

Comment

The UK pulled a "dirty trick" of approving the vaccines first before any other EU country and the EU itself?

All EU countries have the individual right to approve medicines in an emergency.

Approving the vaccine first meant that AZ had a reason to increase production in it's UK plants and iron out issues in their UK supply chain.

Why would you produce loads of vaccine for a market that hasn't approved it and took ages to agree a contact, when the vaccine has a shelf life?

How do you sort out issues in your supply chain when you don't know they exist?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The UK pulled a "dirty trick" of approving the vaccines first before any other EU country and the EU itself?

All EU countries have the individual right to approve medicines in an emergency.

Approving the vaccine first meant that AZ had a reason to increase production in it's UK plants and iron out issues in their UK supply chain.

Why would you produce loads of vaccine for a market that hasn't approved it and took ages to agree a contact, when the vaccine has a shelf life?

How do you sort out issues in your supply chain when you don't know they exist?
                Indeed and if the supply issues were due to the "bumbling bureaucracy" why is there only a problem with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine but not with Pfizer, I would expect all vaccine manufacturers to be affected. Interestingly other manufacturers seem to be stepping in to cover the shortfall without 6 months notice. The US also ordered their vaccines 3 months after the UK and have no issues.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Indeed and if the supply issues were due to the "bumbling bureaucracy" why is there only a problem with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine but not with Pfizer, I would expect all vaccine manufacturers to be affected. Interestingly other manufacturers seem to be stepping in to cover the shortfall without 6 months notice. The US also ordered their vaccines 3 months after the UK and have no issues.
                  I've not seen delusion like this for a while!

Europeans Clash With Pfizer, BioNTech Over Covid-19 Vaccine Deliveries - WSJ

Moderna cuts deliveries to Italy and France in new blow to EU vaccination plans | Markets Insider

Comment

I can't see why a vaccine shortage is funny.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      I can't see why a vaccine shortage is funny.
                      Any number of deaths is worthwhile to score cheap points on a cretinous internet forum? Did I got the answer right?

Comment

Working...
                      X