• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Isn't it time to let this go?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    The EU fixes their public image by removing her.

Some more of her handiwork: Germany: From Machine Guns to Broomsticks - Carnegie Europe - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
    <remoaner denier>
    How dare you post such lies you must be a cretin and smell of elderberries

</remoaner denier>

thanks for the laugh.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    The EU fixes their public image by removing her.

Some more of her handiwork: Germany: From Machine Guns to Broomsticks - Carnegie Europe - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    She's still going on about it - Ursula von der Leyen accuses UK of compromising on vaccine safety | World news | The Guardian

The vaccination programme in the UK has enjoyed a head start through compromising on “safety and efficacy” safeguards, the European commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, has claimed.

The former German defence minister, who took command of the EU’s executive branch in 2019, said she had a responsibility to take time to ensure the success of the bloc’s mass vaccination programme.

In the face of heavy criticism, including from her predecessor, Jean-Claude Juncker, Von der Leyen said she was committed to her role and should be judged at the end of her term in 2024.

“Some countries started to vaccinate a little before Europe, it is true,” she said, asked about the UK. “But they resorted to emergency, 24-hour marketing authorisation procedures.

“The commission and the member states agreed not to compromise with the safety and efficacy requirements linked to the authorisation of a vaccine. Time had to be taken to analyse the data, which, even minimised, takes three to four weeks.

“So, yes, Europe left it later, but it was the right decision. I remind you that a vaccine is the injection of an active biological substance into a healthy body. We are talking about mass vaccination here, it is a gigantic responsibility.”
    Last edited by SueEllen; 2 February 2021, 14:19. Reason: removing advert in copy and paste

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...premium-europe

So to summarise the UK's successful strategy has more to do with luck than a "nimble" bureacracy.
    Maybe the UK got lucky, but the EU ****ed up, in part due to bureaucracy - the simple fact they sat on contracts for 3 months overrides opinion piece spin.

Are you based in the UK? I'm struggling to reconcile why you're so adamant to paint the UK in a bad light on this particular topic.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...premium-europe

The output of factories depends on biological processes such as the growth of cell cultures. And the ones in AstraZeneca’s Belgian plant didn’t play along, even as their siblings at facilities in Britain and elsewhere kept sprouting.

So to summarise the UK's successful strategy has more to do with luck than a "nimble" bureacracy.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Looks like I was bit hasty. It does appear you were posting ill informed out of date news:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

The EU is back on schedule with the Pfizer vaccine.

Oh victory after threatening the Irish peace process is that AZ will attempt to provide half the doses they originally promised.

Von der Leyen said late Sunday on Twitter that the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker would start deliveries one week earlier than scheduled and expand manufacturing. The extra doses would bring the total to 40 million, only about half of what the EU had expected from Astra through March.
    Luckily as we can see from that link the EU are storming ahead with 2.3% (2.39% if you are German) of their population inoculated. The incompetent Brexit riddled UK at 11.4% and the land of Trump's total incompetence at 7.8% (unless that is all down to Biden in his first week).

Of course other charts are available, the UAE seems to be doing well. Malta on 3 times better than Germany.

COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people - Our World in Data

Even Ireland is beating the rest of the EU on 3.27%

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Out of date - a "promise" posted today, did you read the article, once again, pretty damning.

It does appear you're thick as mince and wrong.
    What do you expect from a daily express reader?

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Looks like I was bit hasty. It does appear you were posting ill informed out of date news:

Out of date - a "promise" posted today, did you read the article, once again, pretty damning.

Indeed and if the supply issues were due to the "bumbling bureaucracy" why is there only a problem with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine but not with Pfizer, I would expect all vaccine manufacturers to be affected. Interestingly other manufacturers seem to be stepping in to cover the shortfall without 6 months notice. The US also ordered their vaccines 3 months after the UK and have no issues.
    It does appear you're thick as mince and wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Sounds good, but why would I gloat? Stop projecting Captain Ill-informed.

The two companies are “back to the original schedule of vaccine dose deliveries” to the EU after modifications to a facility in Puurs, Belgium, BioNTech said.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    So why do you post rolling smiley faces, cretin?
    Unable to follow a conversation due to a lack of intellect I see, valiantly protecting one of your own

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Who said it's funny? I'm laughing at people having convictions inversely proportional to their knowledge, like yourself - insincerely implying I'm laughing at vaccine shortages. Partisan cretinism.
    So why do you post rolling smiley faces, cretin?

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I can't see why a vaccine shortage is funny.
    Who said it's funny? I'm laughing at people having convictions inversely proportional to their knowledge, like yourself - insincerely implying I'm laughing at vaccine shortages. Partisan cretinism.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Congratulations, after you've been vaccinated you'll be able to travel to the EU and have a good gloat.
    Sounds good, but why would I gloat? Stop projecting Captain Ill-informed.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Congratulations, after you've been vaccinated you'll be able to travel to the EU and have a good gloat.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I can't see why a vaccine shortage is funny.
    Any number of deaths is worthwhile to score cheap points on a cretinous internet forum? Did I got the answer right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X