• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't it time to let this go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, after you've been vaccinated you'll be able to travel to the EU and have a good gloat.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Congratulations, after you've been vaccinated you'll be able to travel to the EU and have a good gloat.
      Sounds good, but why would I gloat? Stop projecting Captain Ill-informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I can't see why a vaccine shortage is funny.
        Who said it's funny? I'm laughing at people having convictions inversely proportional to their knowledge, like yourself - insincerely implying I'm laughing at vaccine shortages. Partisan cretinism.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Who said it's funny? I'm laughing at people having convictions inversely proportional to their knowledge, like yourself - insincerely implying I'm laughing at vaccine shortages. Partisan cretinism.
          So why do you post rolling smiley faces, cretin?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            So why do you post rolling smiley faces, cretin?
            Unable to follow a conversation due to a lack of intellect I see, valiantly protecting one of your own

Comment

Sounds good, but why would I gloat? Stop projecting Captain Ill-informed.
              Looks like I was bit hasty. It does appear you were posting ill informed out of date news:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

The two companies are “back to the original schedule of vaccine dose deliveries” to the EU after modifications to a facility in Puurs, Belgium, BioNTech said.
              The EU is back on schedule with the Pfizer vaccine.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Looks like I was bit hasty. It does appear you were posting ill informed out of date news:

Out of date - a "promise" posted today, did you read the article, once again, pretty damning.

Indeed and if the supply issues were due to the "bumbling bureaucracy" why is there only a problem with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine but not with Pfizer, I would expect all vaccine manufacturers to be affected. Interestingly other manufacturers seem to be stepping in to cover the shortfall without 6 months notice. The US also ordered their vaccines 3 months after the UK and have no issues.
                It does appear you're thick as mince and wrong.

Comment

Out of date - a "promise" posted today, did you read the article, once again, pretty damning.

It does appear you're thick as mince and wrong.
                  What do you expect from a daily express reader?

Comment

Oh victory after threatening the Irish peace process is that AZ will attempt to provide half the doses they originally promised.

Von der Leyen said late Sunday on Twitter that the Anglo-Swedish drugmaker would start deliveries one week earlier than scheduled and expand manufacturing. The extra doses would bring the total to 40 million, only about half of what the EU had expected from Astra through March.
                    Luckily as we can see from that link the EU are storming ahead with 2.3% (2.39% if you are German) of their population inoculated. The incompetent Brexit riddled UK at 11.4% and the land of Trump's total incompetence at 7.8% (unless that is all down to Biden in his first week).

Of course other charts are available, the UAE seems to be doing well. Malta on 3 times better than Germany.

COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people - Our World in Data

Even Ireland is beating the rest of the EU on 3.27%
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...premium-europe

The output of factories depends on biological processes such as the growth of cell cultures. And the ones in AstraZeneca’s Belgian plant didn’t play along, even as their siblings at facilities in Britain and elsewhere kept sprouting.

So to summarise the UK's successful strategy has more to do with luck than a "nimble" bureacracy.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X