• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexidiots refuse Pfizer vaccine, they only want the English one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexidiots refuse Pfizer vaccine, they only want the English one

What the actual F?
    "Some local patients have turned down an offer this weekend of getting a Covid vaccine when they found out it was the Pfizer one. 'I'll wait for the English one'."
    Covid-19: Patients urged to get vaccine as soon as they can - BBC News

So? They go to the back of the queue. End of.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'm no anti-vaxxer and hopefully my wife will be getting one soon. BUT - Personally, I'd prefer to take a medicine that is of an "established form" than one that is a new creation and also getting messed around with, in terms of using it in a way that has not been tested, nor approved by the inventors themselves. Gvt strategy is suddenly making clinical decisions..

So on that front, I'd take the Oxford Viral Vector over RNA any day of the week.

Combined with the fact that the UK's response has been try and "get out of jail free" every single time, and our current strategy is yet another game, to ignore the manufacturer's guidance, all the testing etc and say lets give everyone 1 dose and wait up to 12 weeks for the next , for the Pfizer one - I'm even more inclined to want the Oxford one.

Pfizer have publically stated 53% efficiacy is only measured up to 21 days, no proof of long lasting , as its not been tested etc. but our "6 guys in a room" experts think they know better; in order to "get the economy moving again" sooner than what, an extra 2 months at worst??

I hope they are right, or we are going to have not only a vaccine that is percieved by many to "not work" but we are also risking the bloody thing gaining some tolerance or resistance to the vaccine..

Bloody idiots running this scene ..

Comment

My main concern with Pfizer would be whether it was kept at -70C at all times and number of movements was limited as per manufacturer instructions, and if dozes were correctly divvied up.

Moderna (also mRNA) looks safer from this point of view.

Oxford stuff is too ineffective to get us out of new Covid variant (if it works on it)

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          So? They go to the back of the queue. End of.
          I'd extend this approach to everyone.

Like "so...I see from our records that despite government guidelines about avoiding travel, you went on holiday in Spain this last October? Aye? OK, see you in 2022 for your vaccine. We'll be in touch..."

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            What the actual F?
            "Some local patients have turned down an offer this weekend of getting a Covid vaccine when they found out it was the Pfizer one. 'I'll wait for the English one'."
            Covid-19: Patients urged to get vaccine as soon as they can - BBC News
            Mind you, it explains the sudden increase in cases. It's all those brexiteers. They've resisted the foreign covid-19 - they were waiting for the British variant to turn up.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good to know the covidiots are still going strong. Perhaps some of the posters in this thread would like to look at the science before listening to the twattershpere.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Fun fact - there is no Venn diagram of Covidiots and Brexidiots: all because it looks like a normal circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  I'd prefer to take a medicine that is of an "established form" than one that is a new creation and also getting messed around with, in terms of using it in a way that has not been tested, nor approved by the inventors themselves. Gvt strategy is suddenly making clinical decisions..
                  Fairly sure it has been tested. Government cannot approve the vaccine without approval either (well if they can, they aren't)
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X