• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And in other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    I most humbly apologise for using/quoting the words;
    Refuse
    Refused

Interchangeable with "refusing", when you only actually used "refusing".

Your question? Obvious and redundant;
    Answer: Zero difference.

Now, your turn...
    1. How does not wanting to buy produce from certain countries equate to "wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation?" - Post #19
    2. Are all the EU citizens (in BB's post) buying only EU, also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head? - Post #37

Guess I'll be waiting now huh?
    Here's what I said before you started to deflect and try to twist:

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Anecdotally - lots of Brexiteers I know are going out of their way to buy British and avoid buying EU at all costs.
    If they are buying British, that's good for the economy and good for the environment.

Many of us have talked about doing that for ages, but that doesn't mean we detest every country in Europe and hope that all their citizens suffer. That's the difference.
    Am I wrong in saying that it is possible to buy British and not detest every country in Europe?
    Am I wrong in saying that it is good for the local economy and good for the environment to buy locally and seasonally?
    Is deliberately refusing to buy (or "avoid buying... at all costs") from certain countries and people because you want them to fail - is that a positive aspiration of "lots of Brexiteers" that PG knows?
    Are you able to speak on behalf of them?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

FFS, the ironing!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

WTFH - does this mean EU citizens want UK citizens to suffer?

LOL
        Think of it as educational.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Think of it as educational.
          Perhaps he must imagine that because "lots of Brexiteers" think something, that it somehow follows that many other people in the world have another opinion, that the two are intrinsically linked and that somehow I am supposed to be all-knowing about how absolutely everyone thinks.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Am I wrong in saying that it is possible to buy British and not detest every country in Europe?
            Am I wrong in saying that it is good for the local economy and good for the environment to buy locally and seasonally?
            Is deliberately refusing to buy (or "avoid buying... at all costs") from certain countries and people because you want them to fail - is that a positive aspiration of "lots of Brexiteers" that PG knows?
            Oh look, I directly answered your queries, then asked you to provide the same courtesy and instead, you've avoided my questions and asked some more of your own? There's a surprise.

Come on, stop avoiding and answer mine now.

I'll wait.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Doesn’t sound much like you apologising for misquoting me and dodging the question as usual.
              I’ll wait.
              I most humbly apologise for using/quoting the words;
              Refuse
              Refused

Interchangeable with "refusing", when you only actually used "refusing".

Your question? Obvious and redundant;
              Answer: Zero difference.
              You asked for and got an apology.
              You asked for and got an answer.

Inneresting.
              You consider my question obvious and redundant. As is your attempt at trolling.
              and yet, I still answered it and then asked you to respond with direct answers to direct questions, as I did to you;

Now, your turn...
              1. How does not wanting to buy produce from certain countries equate to "wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation?" - Post #19
              2. Are all the EU citizens (in BB's post) buying only EU, also wanting UK citizens to suffer and detest the UK, or does it only work 1 way in your head? - Post #37

Guess I'll be waiting now huh?
              your response?

Bravo, mr question avoider.
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
              X