• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And in other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Detesting the supra-national political organisation known as the EU, is not the same as detesting every individual sovereign country on the continent of Europe.

Please though, don't let reality get in the way of your hyperbole.

What do you think "refusing to buy from the EU" means, with reference to consumer shopping?

Please don't let the thread of conversation detract from you taking phrases out of context.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Anecdotally - lots of Brexiteers I know are going out of their way to buy British and avoid buying EU at all costs.
      That's understandable and actually quite admirable. I've done pretty much the same (or, technically, the opposite) after the brexit vote: I almost completely stopped buying groceries from british supermarket and just do my shopping at lidl and aldi now.

Comment

Anecdotally - lots of Brexiteers I know are going out of their way to buy British and avoid buying EU at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        (Not) anecdotally, I just farted hard and loud and my voice recognition software recognised it as one of your posts.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Detesting the supra-national political organisation known as the EU, is not the same as detesting every individual sovereign country on the continent of Europe.

Please though, don't let reality get in the way of your hyperbole.
          Brexiteers seem to detest Germany for some reason. Is it jealousy because of their excellent economy and products? Is it because they help out countries in the EU when they are in problems? Or is it just some old leftover hate from WW2, imagine how many countries will have to hate the UK for past wars

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            What do you think "refusing to buy from the EU" means, with reference to consumer shopping?

Please don't let the thread of conversation detract from you taking phrases out of context.
            Buying British produce, is a positive activity, that does NOT equate to detesting every country in Europe.
            (As far as I can search, only you have stated the words 'refuse to buy from the EU' in this thread)

Even if someone wanted the EU 'project' to fail, that does not necessarily equate to them wanting the citizens of EU countries to suffer.

Sorry, but no amount of silly word games from you or others, will change that.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Brexiteers seem to detest Germany for some reason.
              I'm sure some detest others too, like France, Spain, Luxembourg.
              Is it jealousy because of their excellent economy and products?
              Doubtful, Lidl & Aldi are doing a roaring trade in the UK
              Is it because they help out countries in the EU when they are in problems?
              Doubtful again, unless that's your characterisation of say, Greece enforced austerity - against the wishes of the populace?
              Or is it just some old leftover hate from WW2,
              Certainly a possibility, but the allies won the day, so doubtful large numbers will subscribe to this.

imagine how many countries will have to hate the UK for past wars
              Perhaps we'll be adjudged to only be 10% liable eh?

Imagine how many countries will have to thank the UK, for the industrial revolution etc...
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Buying British produce, is a positive activity, that does NOT equate to detesting every country in Europe.
                (As far as I can search, only you have stated the words 'refuse to buy from the EU' in this thread)

Even if someone wanted the EU 'project' to fail, that does not necessarily equate to them wanting the citizens of EU countries to suffer.

Sorry, but no amount of silly word games from you or others, will change that.

You're the one playing games. What was the post that I was replying to?

Your classic whatabouttery/slippery slope/move the goal posts routine.

We miss you when you're not posting on here.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  It doesn't work because there are a more EU citizens not buying British. The trade deficit rose this year.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You're the one playing games. What was the post that I was replying to?

Your classic whatabouttery/slippery slope/move the goal posts routine.

We miss you when you're not posting on here.
                    Please quote or post the post number where anyone except you said they "refused to buy from the EU" - but you can't because it is your creation...

All I've said is you should stop conflating wanting to buying British, with wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation.

So, no - it's your 'whatabouttery/slippery slope/move the goal posts routine' - I've just called it out as such. Sorry, you must try harder.

"We"? - What!, all of your personalities miss me?
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      It doesn't work because there are a more EU citizens not buying British. The trade deficit rose this year.
                      WTFH - does this mean EU citizens want UK citizens to suffer?

LOL
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X