• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And in other news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It doesn't work because there are a more EU citizens not buying British. The trade deficit rose this year.
    So EU citizens are boycotting British goods to punish British people?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      WTFH - does this mean EU citizens want UK citizens to suffer?

LOL
      Just a fact, when Brexiteers buy British they have no impact on the trade deficit and end up with some low quality sh*te they don't really want to make a point.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Just demonstrates the futility of a "buy British" slogan.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Just a fact, when Brexiteers buy British they have no impact on the trade deficit and end up with some low quality sh*te they don't really want to make a point.

[Pats you on the head]
          Attaboy, now go back to your finger painting in the corner.
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Imagine this scenario: you are a EU citizen living in the UK. The decision of leaving the EU is forced upon you (because EU citizens were not allowed to vote in the brexit referendum). Now you have a choice: you can buy british products and support a country that clearly doesn't want you and all your fellow immigrants; or you can buy EU products to support and strengthen the EU economy, where you'll eventually go back because the UK has become a fascist tuliphole.

Easy choice.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Imagine this scenario: you are a EU citizen living in the UK. The decision of leaving the EU is forced upon you (because EU citizens were not allowed to vote in the brexit referendum). Now you have a choice: you can buy british products and support a country that clearly doesn't want you and all your fellow immigrants; or you can buy EU products to support and strengthen the EU economy, where you'll eventually go back because the UK has become a fascist tuliphole.

Easy choice.
              don't let the door slap your arse on the way out.

'byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Easy choice.
                Ummm no..

The vote was not about stopping all 'foreigners' from coming into the Uk - it was about leaving the political body which was the EU - an outcome of that is the loss of completely freedom of movement.

What we wanted to stop was completely unfettered migration of people arriving in the EU from outside, being given asylum - and then traipsing through many other EU countries together to the UK - which is not how it should work.

Anyone who is a has proved themselves to be a productive member of UK society or has the skills to prove they could be and wishes to integrate into UK society is welcome regardless of their race, colour or creed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Please quote or post the post number where anyone except you said they "refused to buy from the EU" - but you can't because it is your creation...

All I've said is you should stop conflating wanting to buying British, with wanting citizens of EU countries to suffer (and/or detesting every country on the continent), which is 100% your strawman creation.

So, no - it's your 'whatabouttery/slippery slope/move the goal posts routine' - I've just called it out as such. Sorry, you must try harder.
                  The words used were "Avoid buying... at all costs"

I most humbly apologise for using the word "refusing", because avoiding at all costs is completely different to refusing.

But since your pedantry and deflection knows no bounds, you now need to apologise as I never used the word "refuse", even though you put it in quotes and then later "refused" again in quotes, implying I said it.

It still is deflection on your part as you refuse to answer the question regarding the difference between consumers buying from companies or individuals based in Europe and "the EU"

As usual, you want to deflect from the point to try to avoid the difficult concept of thinking about what is being discussed.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So British people aren't buying British goods, how unpatriotic...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      don't let the door slap your arse on the way out.

'byeeee

you're not going to have any doors, guys. All used up to warm yourselves up in the cold winters

Comment

Working...
                      X