• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

The pound set to devalue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The pound set to devalue

    Pound set to decline

    The trajectory is now for a no deal hard Brexit, so watch the pound sink.
    I'm alright Jack

    #2
    Yeah but all those shares valued in dollars will soar, leading to a even higher FTSE 100 levels.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Pound set to decline

      The trajectory is now for a no deal hard Brexit, so watch the pound sink.
      Exports will boom, unemployment is at record lows and wages are rising fast.

      Exactly what the UK needs. It also makes our private and public debt smaller in USD terms, and attracts foreign investment.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Exports will boom, unemployment is at record lows and wages are rising fast.

        Exactly what the UK needs. It also makes our private and public debt smaller in USD terms, and attracts foreign investment.
        Most of UK exports rely on imports of components and raw materials. A fall in the pound does not cause an export boom.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Most of UK exports rely on imports of components and raw materials. A fall in the pound does not cause an export boom.
          Majority of the cost of most exports is labour costs, cheap currency means cheap labour.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Yeah but all those shares valued in dollars will soar, leading to a even higher FTSE 100 levels.
            Yeah but all commodities priced in USD means everything will be even more expensive

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Yeah but all commodities priced in USD means everything will be even more expensive
              Thus making case for chlorinated chickens stronger...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Pound set to decline

                The trajectory is now for a no deal hard Brexit, so watch the pound sink.
                When house pricers crash it make the perfect UK economy.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Majority of the cost of most exports is labour costs, cheap currency means cheap labour.
                  In car manufacturing, labour costs are typically 10-15% of the total cost. Components are around 60% of costs.
                  Other costs are marketing and dealer mark-ups
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    In car manufacturing, labour costs are typically 10-15% of the total cost. Components are around 60% of costs.
                    Other costs are marketing and dealer mark-ups
                    Marketing and dealer mark-ups are not costs of manufacturing.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X