• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£100m British Steel Loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£100m British Steel Loan

Brexit .... keeps on giving. That's another £100m cost to the British taxpayer

Brexit: British Steel seeks GBP100m government loan to meet EU rules - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Brexit .... keeps on giving. That's another £100m cost to the British taxpayer

Brexit: British Steel seeks GBP100m government loan to meet EU rules - BBC News
    Here's a thought, why not just refuse to pay? We're leaving the racket, no-one will mind...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Here's a thought, why not just refuse to pay? We're leaving the racket, no-one will mind...
      It's an option. Maybe you should let the British Steel board know your solution and see what they think? i'm guessing they won't go with your idea

Comment

It's an option. Maybe you should let the British Steel board know your solution and see what they think? i'm guessing they won't go with your idea
        By the time they get round to posting the fine we'll have left anyway. Oh, hang on...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

By the time they get round to posting the fine we'll have left anyway. Oh, hang on...
          The UK will follow the same rules as we have already in the EU ..... so, in or out, the requirements on companies like British Steel will be (rightly) the same. Or do you think we shouldn't have environmental laws?

Comment

The UK will follow the same rules as we have already in the EU ..... so, in or out, the requirements on companies like British Steel will be (rightly) the same. Or do you think we shouldn't have environmental laws?
            Environmental laws are one thing. A racket whereby companies simply pay millions into the EU coffers for the right to carry on as before doesn't seem, er, right.

Comment

Environmental laws are one thing. A racket whereby companies simply pay millions into the EU coffers for the right to carry on as before doesn't seem, er, right.
              It does if you are a brainwashed Bremainer with the brains of a Twix bar!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                It does if you are a brainwashed Bremainer with the brains of a Twix bar!

So what you believe is .... if the 'racket' is run by the EU it's bad, but if the same 'racket' is run by the UK government it's ok? There is brainwashing here, but it's you that's under the influence little spuddy
                Last edited by Whorty; 14 April 2019, 11:48.

Comment

So what you believe is ....
                  That ought to be the motto of the Bremain Party.

Patronising, condescending, codswallop, twisted and constructed in a desperate attempt to try and convince themselves that their flawed logic somehow holds water.

You have yet to figure out just what it is that YOU personally believe, other than whatever your virtue-signalling leftie dimwit facebook group tell you.

Content yourself in the knowledge that those of us that are older and wiser don't need to have our opinions slavishly dictated to us.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    ...... that those of us that are older and wiser ......

You need to add that to the Brexit jokes section pal. Best one today.

If Brexit has taught us one thing it's :: Older != Wiser

Comment

Working...
                    X