• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn's end game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Not having your preferred option on the ballot paper of either one is not being disenfranchised.

HTH.
    Well if you take that approach as we voted to leave in 2016 we do not need remain on the ballot paper as no one will mind as no one will be disenfranchised will they!

HTH

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Well if you take that approach as we voted to leave in 2016 we do not need remain on the ballot paper as no one will mind as no one will be disenfranchised will they!

HTH
      Isn’t that your current attitude anyway, don’t listen to anyone who disagrees with you, no matter how wrong you are?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Isn’t that your current attitude anyway, don’t listen to anyone who disagrees with you, no matter how wrong you are?
        No I was merely pointing out the errors in the arguments being made regarding disenfranchising voters. My post was achieved exactly what I wanted it to. It exposed the Remainers attempts to use a 2nd referendum as a thinly veiled attempt to overturn the democratic process. Remainers have no problem with keeping options like No Deal, or Canada deal or Norway deal off a 2nd referendum ballot paper, but when it is suggested that for exactly the same reasons remain should be excluded they cry foul.

Anybody who calls for a 2nd referendum based on two choices is anti-democracy itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          No I was merely pointing out the errors in the arguments being made regarding disenfranchising voters. My post was achieved exactly what I wanted it to. It exposed the Remainers attempts to use a 2nd referendum as a thinly veiled attempt to overturn the democratic process. Remainers have no problem with keeping options like No Deal, or Canada deal or Norway deal off a 2nd referendum ballot paper, but when it is suggested that for exactly the same reasons remain should be excluded they cry foul.

Anybody who calls for a 2nd referendum based on two choices is anti-democracy itself.
          Nobody cried foul, it was just the echoes in your own head.

If some version of Remain is not in the ballot paper I will be disappointed, but not disenfranchised.

I suggest you get a dictionary.

Comment

all governments of all colours adopt this approach.

Comment

Don't ascribe to pigheadedness behaviour that is better explained by cretinism. He just doesn't get it and is doing his best.

Comment

Working...
              X