• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn's end game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referendum is good proportional representation.

First past post General Election is a con

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Referendum is good proportional representation.
      And obviously as you are such a fan of PR, presumably you are quite happy with the Referendum outcome?

Oh Dear!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I am happy with any outcome on Referendums as long as they are regular (at least annual), and obviously there is mechanism to revote if necessary same question.

Plus jail for liars like Farage and foreign money takers like Banks pr whatever his name is

Comment

I am happy with any outcome on Referendums as long as they are regular
          These Euro ones ARE regular. They come along every 40 years or so whether they are needed or not.

Good to see you are finally coming round to the idea of Leaving.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, that word - they are as Regular as was your “service” in an Army Regular, “Sarg”

Comment

Yes, that word - they are as Regular as was your “service” in an Army Regular, “Sarg”
              You keep rabbiting on about MY Army Service.

I suspect deep down there is a degree of envy going on.

But enough of me, tell me what YOU did in the Army?

Leave out the bits that involved hiding under your bed. That would be too dreary.

Comment

I’ve done a lot actually.

But it’s not good time or place to discuss it.

Comment

In England, Scotland and Wales the voting system for the European elections is the d'Hondt system of proportional representation - regional closed list. In Northern Ireland the system is Single Transferable Vote.

Since 1999 voters in Britain have elected MEPs under a proportional representation system. The European Parliamentary Elections Act of that year introduced a regional list system with seats allocated to parties in proportion to their share of the vote.

This explains how Farage gets voted in as it's a vote for the party not the person, if it had been the person then he would have suffered the same fate he has when trying to get into the Houses of Parliament
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    Get real and stop being so stupid. A GE and A REFERENDUM are the same and yet so different.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    Not having your preferred option on the ballot paper of either one is not being disenfranchised.

HTH.

Comment

There is just one reason why this country (same in USA) still keeps first past the post system - it creates olygopoly and both parties are complicit in keeping it that way.

Problem is when things run into heavy issue like Brexit that splits both parties - now they are going to drive us over the cliff because of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X