• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP Attempts to subvert the will of parliamnet, colludes with foreign power.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP Attempts to subvert the will of parliamnet, colludes with foreign power.

Shrewsbury and Atcham MP Daniel Kawczynski has announced he had formally asked Mateusz Morawiecki’s right-wing government to step in and stop any attempt by the EU to postpone Britain’s departure.

Writing on Twitter, Kawczynski said: “Any attempts by Remainer MPs to delay or obstruct #Brexit must be opposed.
    “Today I have formally asked Polish Government to veto any motions by EU to allow extension of Article 50. We are leaving 11pm on March 29th as promised @StandUp4Brexit.”
    I thought Brexit was about democracy, taking back control and regaining parliamentary sovereignty, not asking other countries to interfear in our democratic processes and block the will of that parliament?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I thought Brexit was about democracy, taking back control and regaining parliamentary sovereignty, not asking other countries to interfear in our democratic processes and block the will of that parliament?
    Pole choker.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Parliament has no power to extend article 50, in exactly the same was as Parliament cannot take no deal off the table. It can ask Brussels nicely if they would be so kind and generous to allow us a little more time, but we cannot unilaterally extend article 50.

I do wish the press would call out these politicians who rant on about how the government should extend article 50 or take no deal off the table. This need to be reported to the British public correctly and with the usual political half truths and lies that we have seen since 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Parliament has no power to extend article 50, in exactly the same was as Parliament cannot take no deal off the table. It can ask Brussels nicely if they would be so kind and generous to allow us a little more time, but we cannot unilaterally extend article 50.

I do wish the press would call out these politicians who rant on about how the government should extend article 50 or take no deal off the table. This need to be reported to the British public correctly and with the usual political half truths and lies that we have seen since 2016.
        If the will of Parliament is to request an extension, and a UK politician formally requests a foreign government to block that request, what do you call that? Treason?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          If the will of Parliament is to request an extension, and a UK politician formally requests a foreign government to block that request, what do you call that? Treason?
          Politics

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Simply using the bureaucracy of the EU against them.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Against them? No, against our own Parliament.

It's funny the Brexiters that are so keen to mouth off whenever Brussels "interferes" in the UK go quiet all of a sudden when it's a Brexiter trying to arrange the interfering.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Against who, the EU? They are not the ones requesting an extention.

Against the UK Parliament? Why would a British MP be colluding with a foreign government to block the will of the Parliament he sits in?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  So what you're saying then is neither the UK parliament, OR the EU, can unilaterally extend A50. Therefore, if the EU wanted us to extend A50 they would ask us if we'd be so kind and generous to allow it?

You see what I did there?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    So what you're saying then is neither the UK parliament, OR the EU, can unilaterally extend A50. Therefore, if the EU wanted us to extend A50 they would ask us if we'd be so kind and generous to allow it?

You see what I did there?
                    No as I understand it it is totally within the EU gift to extend A50. UK parliament can request an extension but the EU is the only organisation with the power to extend the A50 deadline. To do so the EU must unanimously agree amongst the 27 members to do so. Any one of the 27 can veto the extension.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                    X