• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP Attempts to subvert the will of parliamnet, colludes with foreign power.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What do you estimate the margin of error to be in the poll I cited?
    Somewhere between 0% and 100%.

Unless you can give me precise information regarding the demographic of the sample used.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Somewhere between 0% and 100%.

Unless you can give me precise information regarding the demographic of the sample used.

Did you check out the PDF?

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...Reweighted.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I did when it was originally posted but that was an age ago and I've slept since then.

Comment

So the data was a very small sample 5455 individuals. But the unweighted sample size is claimed to be 5242. Where did 213 people go?
          Of which there were only 1355 labour voters...even smaller sample size.
          The total sample was made up of slightly more female than male voters, no idea why this makes a difference other than to show that the total sample size was split roughly 50/50 amongst only 2 genders! What was the actual split with respect to labour only voters?
          There were slightly more older voters ( older than 50) on the total sample. Again what was the split for labour only voters?
          The percentages quoted do not include those that didn't vote. Therefore the percentages quoted are warped.
          When you add up the male only voters split by age you get 3130 yet they claim there were only 2463 male voters. Where did the extra 667 males come from? Were these transgender females switching at the last minute. Seriously mistakes like this throw any credibility out of the window.
          The total number of males and females by age is given as 5242. Therefore given the male sample size has increased by 667 then the female sample size must have decreased by 667. These must be from the LBGT community. For the avoidance of doubt I am taking the p*ss.
          I still don't know where in the country the sample was taken and how many voters from each location or how many labour voters from each location.

Lies damn lies and statistics

Comment

I did when it was originally posted but that was an age ago and I've slept since then.

OG's posts send most of us to sleep.

Comment

You completely fail to see the point I am trying to make. The point was all these polls are nothing but tulip.
              Your stats are based on a poll, a small (compared to the size of the electorate) sample of people and then the result is extrapolated. If the sample of labour votes was taken in say London which voted predominately for remain you get a completely different result than if your sample of labour voters was from say Grimsby, which voted 70% to leave, and perform the same extrapolation.
              The problem with polls is you can make them say pretty much what ever you want. If you can't see that then you have a very closed mind to data, data extrapolation, and holistic thinking.
              As I said previously it all....

Lies damn lies and statistics.
              Xxx

I understand fully how surveys are constructed; I have a statistics degree and used to be a statistican, back in the day. So I also understand the guff you have posted and that you don't understand how surveys and sample sizes are designed.

You're wrong. Get over it. You lost
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I understand fully how surveys are constructed; I have a statistics degree and used to be a statistican, back in the day. So I also understand the guff you have posted and that you don't understand how surveys and sample sizes are designed.

You're wrong. Get over it. You lost
                Ooooh get you with your statistics degree.
                The guff I posted was taken directly from the yougov link you so kindly supplied.

Btw
                The 2nd page of the tabulated results makes even more interesting reading where they split the sample by class, income, and political attention. Wrt to income 40% didn't declare an income. They must be the 40% tax dodgers then[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                X