• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One less ferry company to worry about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One less ferry company to worry about

LONDON (Reuters) - British ferry and shipping freight operator P&O will shift the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus ahead of Britain’s departure from the European Union, in part to keep its tax arrangements in the bloc, the company said on Tuesday.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1PG1KE

Still, I'm sure we'll all muddle through and make a success of it. Except for those guys, they're muddling through by moving tax base to the EU.

Who needs ferry companies? FOOK business!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Who needs ferry companies? FOOK business!
      Quite right. Anyway Chris Grayling's fantasy ferry company will be ready to help out whenever they are needed (as long as no one expects them to have a ferry).
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Let them use private jets!

Comment

No witty riposte from the sharp tongued intellectual brexiters?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The spokesman said Cyprus was among the world’s leading flag registries, “resulting in fewer inspections and delays”.
            Nuff said.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Let them use private jets!

Is that a reference to that key British politician and not one of the rich elite who chose to get a friend to hire a private jet to fly him to Strasbourg rather than using commercial airlines/trains?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1PG1KE

Still, I'm sure we'll all muddle through and make a success of it. Except for those guys, they're muddling through by moving tax base to the EU.

We've still got Seabourne Freight to deliver our pizzas, sorry, freight.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  We've still got Seabourne Freight to deliver our pizzas, sorry, freight.
                  Not any more....

Brexit firm with no ships has ferries contract cancelled | UK News | Sky News

Comment

Ramsgate port looks in doubt too.

Brexit: Budget cuts threaten Ramsgate ferry plan - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                    X