• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40 Trade Deals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 Trade Deals

2017: Liam Fox promises to sign 40 free trade deals the 'second after' Brexit

2019: UK fails to close global trade deals ahead of Brexit deadline
    “Almost none of them are ready to go now and none will be ready to go by March"
    Oops.
    Taking a break from contracting

The UK probably isn't leaving in March.

Comment

What is needed is a club, of countries, who mutually gain from trading as a single block, to make better trade deals with the rest of the world.
      One with a diverse set of countries that are geographically proximate.
      With a common culture and history.

Oh. hang on...
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Brexit will be the easiest thing ever

Just 11 Times Leave Campaigners Said That Brexit Would Be Easy

Comment

It'll be fine, we'll be free to trade with South Sudan, the 138th largest economy in the world! They even have petrol

OEC

- South Sudan (SSD) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
            It'll be fine, we'll be free to trade with South Sudan, the 138th largest economy in the world! They even have petrol

OEC

- South Sudan (SSD) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners
            nah. When the Dear Leader takes over we'll buy our petrol from Venezuela at prices guaranteed to facilitate the next stages of the revolution Comrades.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's Johnny Foreigner's fault. Send 40 gunboats.

Liam Fox, the international trade secretary, has said that other countries are to blame for the fact that the UK does not have alternative trade deals ready by 29 March to replace the existing 40 EU ones that will lapse if the UK leaves without a deal. Asked about this revelation in today’s Financial Times (see 10.57am), he said:

[The agreements are] not just dependent on the UK. Our side is ready. It is largely dependent on whether other countries believe that there will be no deal, and are willing to put the work into the preparations.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The UK probably isn't leaving in March.
                I said that earlier and you accused me of having a tiny brain. Does that mean we're both in the tiny brain club? Please say it ain't so...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I said that earlier and you accused me of having a tiny brain. Does that mean we're both in the tiny brain club? Please say it ain't so...
                  OG is in the tiny two brain club according to his misses.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Do you think the UK probably is leaving in March?

Comment

Working...
                    X