• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will of the People - End free movement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will of the People - End free movement

Government set to relax restrictions on non-EU doctors

The government is set to relax its immigration rules to let more foreign doctors come to Britain to help tackle the NHS’s widespread shortages of medics, the Guardian can reveal.

Ministers have agreed to significantly expand the 1,500 doctors a year allowed to come and work in Britain under the medical training initiative (MTI). The move could result in the maximum number of non-EU medics able to come rising to as many as 3,000.

The length of time young doctors from outside the EU are able to stay in Britain under the scheme may also rise from two to three years, according to well-placed sources.

The change comes as the government is under pressure to explain how its intention to move to a new immigration system after Brexit, with right of entry dependent on skills, will help alleviate NHS under-staffing.

Government set to relax restrictions on non-EU doctors | Society | The Guardian

Can’t make this tulip up , surreal!

What do you think is surreal about an immigration system that allows skilled people in?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What do you think is surreal about an immigration system that allows skilled people in?
      Don't mind him, he's just a bedwetter who thinks that somehow, controlling immigration into a country, via a PBS is not compatible with, voting to leave a supra-national organisation, that demands freedom of movement of people as one of the conditions of membership.

aka he's a
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Don't mind him, he's just a bedwetter who thinks that somehow, controlling immigration into a country, via a PBS is not compatible with, voting to leave a supra-national organisation, that demands freedom of movement of people as one of the conditions of membership.

aka he's a
        Care to expand on what the EU demands of freedom of movement of people, for example relating to benefits and work?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nothing, we could have had it before the Brexit vote, but those who voted for Brexit based on their opinion that immigration was out of control and could not be controlled without Brexit are now finding they have to backtrack or change the wording of their argument, or start childish name-calling so they can continue to hold their opinion that it is only through Brexit that we will reach some utopian dream.
          It’s all about Freedom of movement through Work.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Care to expand on what the EU demands of freedom of movement of people, for example relating to benefits and work?
            No thanks, as we've been down that road - and in order for any restrictions on EU nationals to be placed, we would need a mandatory ID card system, which has previously been rejected via a referendum - so your point is irrelevant, as NAT likes to say.
            Last edited by Bean; 30 November 2018, 14:32. Reason: *been down that road
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Nothing, we could have had it before the Brexit vote, but those who voted for Brexit based on their opinion that immigration was out of control and could not be controlled without Brexit are now finding they have to backtrack or change the wording of their argument, or start childish name-calling so they can continue to hold their opinion that it is only through Brexit that we will reach some utopian dream.
              It’s all about Freedom of movement through Work.
              How could we have limited unskilled immigration from EU nationals without Brexit?

Comment

How could we have limited unskilled immigration from EU nationals without Brexit?
                Define "unskilled" within the context of the various industries that say that they need workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  No thanks, as we've been down that road - and in order for any restrictions on EU nationals to be placed, we would need a mandatory ID card system, which has previously been rejected via a referendum - so your point is irrelevant, as NAT likes to say.
                  I seemed to have missed the referendum about ID cards...I do, however recall an act of Parliament in 2006 which was then repealed by the Tory/Lib-Dem coalition later on
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Define "unskilled" within the context of the various industries that say that they need workers.
                    No degree.
                    Earning NMW.
                    Engaged on a zero-hour contract.

If companies need people from abroad, they should commit to hiring them as employees

Comment

Working...
                    X