• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will of the People - End free movement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And how is the EU to blame for how UK companies take on workers?
    For having free movement as a core, unshakeable principle. It's one of the main motivators FOR bRexit

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    It’s not overcrowded.
    Of course it is

They may be on a gap year. Or using it as a stepping stone before they start their own business. Or just enjoying life, seeing the world.
    So get a 1-year visa or a work visa.

But the real reason why they should, is because their country gives reciprocal rights to any Brit who wants to do the same in the opposite direction. That’s how foreign policy tends to work.
    Skilled Brits can already move country. Reciprocity is all well and good when all countries involved are roughly equal. But I don't want to go and pick fruit in Poland.

Nursing and care work. No degree, NMW.

Better get yourself down to your local NHS to volunteer.
    Perhaps the reason there is such a shortage of Brits is because it's NMW for a very demanding job. Maybe we should be fixing the problem rather than just outsourcing it.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      For having free movement as a core, unshakeable principle. It's one of the main motivators FOR bRexit

Of course it is

So get a 1-year visa or a work visa.

Skilled Brits can already move country. Reciprocity is all well and good when all countries involved are roughly equal. But I don't want to go and pick fruit in Poland.

Perhaps the reason there is such a shortage of Brits is because it's NMW for a very demanding job. Maybe we should be fixing the problem rather than just outsourcing it.
      Your comments reflect your arrogance and utter bigotry. You remind me of when I was working in Athens and a permie from the UK flew from London to supposedly assist the IT dep. He was shocked that people were not riding on donkeys and his lack of technical knowledge was show up by the Greek IT crew.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        You remind me of when I was working in Athens and a permie from the UK flew from London to supposedly assist the IT dep. He was shocked that, other than me, people were not riding on donkeys
        ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Your comments reflect your arrogance and utter bigotry. .
          Someone having a different view on a particular topic, does not automatically make that person a bigot.

HTH BIDI
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I am content to continue watching you being wrong. I have no interest in educating the mince.

I suggested that sas was a bit tulip at running with a 35 minutes 5k time.

You are suggestion I can't count for question his substandard running times.

I have no idea where you want to go with this. Probably could have dropped it on the last page. NO idea why you are persisting with it

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I suggested that sas was a bit tulip at running with a 35 minutes 5k time.

You are suggestion I can't count for question his substandard running times.

I have no idea where you want to go with this. Probably could have dropped it on the last page. NO idea why you are persisting with it
              I know you don't. That's most of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Someone having a different view on a particular topic, does not automatically make that person a bigot.

HTH BIDI
                I suggest that you read his comments again.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I know you don't. That's most of the fun.
                  You tried to make some kind of joke, didn't make sense.

Can't back out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

HTH BIDI
                    You must be mindful of the fact that it is Paddy you are conversing with. A man that has yet to fathom out how to perform anything worthwhile that a clothes horse couldn't accomplish in half the time.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I suggest that you read his comments again.
                      I suggest you read the definition of bigotry, then maybe take your own advice and read his comments again.

This time, directly quote the bit of his post(s), that you think are bigotry and we can all have a laugh at how you don't know what bigotry means...

Holding our breath now........
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X