• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Carnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's complete rubbish. His statistics suggest it will actually be worse than ww2, which is ludicrous.

See here for a partially complete list of the flawed assumptions made to come to those figures:
    Treasury Modelling Based Off Nonsense Assumptions - Guido Fawkes

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I think maybe the state news agency could become a reality but printing the truth - we all know that ain't gonna happen.
      Really?

But then I think you know that!
      You don't say?

To you "irony" means "like iron", doesn't it.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by thecontractingkidd View Post
        It's complete rubbish. His statistics suggest it will actually be worse than ww2, which is ludicrous.

See here for a partially complete list of the flawed assumptions made to come to those figures:
        Treasury Modelling Based Off Nonsense Assumptions - Guido Fawkes
        You do know the difference between the Band of England and the Treasury, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          You do know the difference between the Band of England and the Treasury, don't you?
          My personal favourite Band of England I'd say was The Animals.

Carney is a moron but when his sole shareholder says jump he's worked out that that's probably a good idea.
          Last edited by thecontractingkidd; 29 November 2018, 12:11.

Comment

Carney is a moron but when his sole shareholder says jump he's worked out that that's probably a good idea.

But do you know the difference between the Bank of England and the Treasury? It appears you either don't through wilful neglect or sheer stupidity.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yeah, he's a moron

Carney graduated from Harvard in 1988 with a bachelor's degree with high honours in economics, before postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford at St Peter's College and Nuffield College, where he received masters and doctoral degrees in the same field in 1993 and 1995, respectively.
              Tell us what your qualifications are, so we can understand your context of calling someone else a moron....

Comment

Ahem

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...er-news-3.html

Or maybe Martin does not know his arse from his elbow financailly as well?

Comment

Ahem

You mean the bit about all the banks have passed the stress test set by the BoE to prove they could survive in a really bad scenario?

Yes, you've proved that the Brexit Wailers are wrong to come out with their claims about Mark Carney and the BoE stress tests. Your link shows that Martin and Mark have more of a clue about finance than 52% of the dribbling smilie infested posts in this section.

It's almost like you've had an epiphany and realise that you've been duped for years.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You mean the bit about all the banks have passed the stress test set by the BoE to prove they could survive in a really bad scenario?

Yes, you've proved that the Brexit Wailers are wrong to come out with their claims about Mark Carney and the BoE stress tests. Your link shows that Martin and Mark have more of a clue about finance than 52% of the dribbling smilie infested posts in this section.

It's almost like you've had an epiphany and realise that you've been duped for years.
                    How 364 economists got it totally wrong - Telegraph

Among them a BoE governor.

If you pluck your brain cell out of your bottom, you might realize that all these predictions are just nonsense.

I don't like Farage. But he says "I have no idea how the economy will do under any scenario. I am only concerned about sovereignty". He has a point.....

Comment

Ahem

Do you have a clue what you're talking about?

There is a complete difference between 'stress testing of UK banks under a disorderly brexit suggests bansk have capital adequacy to weather the storm' and 'disorderly brexit will make us all poorer as the UK economy shrinks'.

Go on, have a think about it? See if you can work out the difference between the two.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X