• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are Brexiters so angry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Cry me a river buttercup.

If you didn't want May to represent you in the Brexit negotiations you should have voted for someone else during the GE. You could have voted Corbyn or UKIP. Clearly the mandate from the people of the UK was for May to lead, we are now seeing the result of the vote of the will of the people
    I did vote UKIP at the last election - I'm a member of that party. The mandate of the people was to leave the EU, no ifs, no buts. It is the duty of the elected government, of whatever colour, to deliver that exit exactly as prescribed by the electorate during the referendum, the default plan being no deal, anything else possibly by request by the EU if it wholly serves our interests.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      I did vote UKIP at the last election - I'm a member of that party. The mandate of the people was to leave the EU, no ifs, no buts. It is the duty of the elected government, of whatever colour, to deliver that exit exactly as prescribed by the electorate during the referendum, the default plan being no deal, anything else possibly by request by the EU if it wholly serves our interests.
      You voted as your convictions, that's good. Unfortunately the people of the UK did not agree with you and voted in May, with Corbyn 2nd. UKIP and their version of Brexit was nowhere to be seen (how many MPs do you have?). Therefore, the will of the people is for May to deliver Brexit; if the people wanted the extreme Brexit put forward by UKIP they would have voted UKIP. They didn't. So, as I say, suck it up buttercup, May is delivering to the will of the people If you don't like this, you know what to do ... and watch the door doesn't hit your @rse as you leave the country
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

May is delivering to the will of the people
        I don't think so. I don't hope so.

She's delivering the majority view of the people who've got half a brain, particularly in Parliament. Having tried to see how to do Brexit without causing a lot of damage, and not being able to enlist the europeans into digging us out of the mess by screwing up the EU, she's seen the writing on the wall and bravely set sail for BRINO. She's saving Britain - God bless her!
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Therefore, the will of the people is for May to deliver Brexit; if the people wanted the extreme Brexit put forward by UKIP they would have voted UKIP. They didn't. So, as I say, suck it up buttercup, May is delivering to the will of the people
          No, one part of the democratic process cannot subvert another part. May, despite being elected by the people, is constrained by the decision of the people in the referendum, to carry out the will of the people in that regard. She has to deliver brexit, which by default is a hard brexit. She may not alter her interpretation of the meaning of brexit to satisfy her current political expediencies.
          Indeed the general election was about deciding who runs the country in general - it was never a mandate about how brexit was to be carried out.
          So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            The EU is 27 (well 28 actually but one seems to want to leave) different countries which means that they all have their own interests which at the end of the day is Europe unlike the UK...Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone
            And this is probably the most deluded thing of all.

The only interest the EU has in those 27 countries is ensuring they do not leave the EU and continue paying into the pot.

Junker and his mates could not give a fook if a hundred polish children die each day from starvation as long as their political gravy train carries on giving.

'Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone ' - it's not a secret but yes they do want to control everything - if they had a choice there would be no individual countries and just a single country - with a single ruling party.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              And this is probably the most deluded thing of all.

The only interest the EU has in those 27 countries is ensuring they do not leave the EU and continue paying into the pot.

Junker and his mates could not give a fook if a hundred polish children die each day from starvation as long as their political gravy train carries on giving.

'Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone ' - it's not a secret but yes they do want to control everything - if they had a choice there would be no individual countries and just a single country - with a single ruling party.
              And there we have it, the tinfoil hat brigade 🤣

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

May, despite being elected by the people, is constrained by the decision of the people in the referendum, to carry out the will of the people in that regard. She has to deliver brexit, which by default is a hard brexit. She may not alter her interpretation of the meaning of brexit to satisfy her current political expediencies.
                Well you live and learn. I never realised that the Internet reaches out to Cloud Cuckoo Land.
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  Well you live and learn. I never realised that the Internet reaches out to Cloud Cuckoo Land.
                  I'll take that as you agreeing with my argument, as you have posted fluff, rather than a reasoned objection to it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keep taking the pills

I'll take that as you agreeing with my argument, as you have posted fluff, rather than a reasoned objection to it.
                    You didn't make an argument. You fell off your push bike, banged your head and woke up in hospital having regressed to the the Lower IVth Form.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      You didn't make an argument. You fell off your push bike, banged your head and woke up in hospital having regressed to the the Lower IVth Form.
                      I notice you're not denying that your posts are full of ad-hominem fluff..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X