• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are Brexiters so angry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    "because of the 'way the EU has been bullying us".

This is Brexiterspeak for "we made a bad misjudgement and were stupid enough to think we held all the cards and the EU would cave in to our 'have our cake and eat it approach'. Sadly they've stuck to their red lines which they made clear from the start were the rules of the club. And now we're fooked. But it's not our fault it's someone elses".

And that is where the anger comes from. They were sold that we had all the cards and the EU would give us what we demand. We warned them this wouldn't be simple, but the simple Brexiters couldn't grasp the facts. Now the reality is hitting they are throwing their toys out the pram and demanding we "leave now, no deal, wah wah wah. We're being bullied even though we chose to leave, wah wah wah". Hilarious reading the posts on BBC HYS - you can see the Brexiters getting redder and redder with spittle dripping from their mouths as they spout their rubbish. Superb.

Loving it. So much anger by the 'winners'
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Or it could mean exactly what is said - the EU have clearly had only had their own interests at heart and not the interests of the people they are supposed to represent.

In fact the EU is acting exactly like we expected them to act and it is one of the reasons many people decide to vote out.

But I guess you would prefer to keep eating the scraps they chuck to you like a good citizen - because change is scary and bad so just do as you are told.

Sometimes I have to agree with sasguru as this post quite clearly shows that he is correct regarding the mindset of Leavers. The EU do have the interests of the people they represent, the 27 countries that are not leaving and not the UK who are leaving. They are representing me and millions of other people by protecting the 4 foundations of the EU which the UK seem to want to carve up into their own little bits of cake. The EU is acting exactly like it should act and not in the interests of the UK, why should they? Unbelievable...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Unbelievable...
        Yes originalPM believes this wierd but extremely widespread myth that the 'EU' are some evil sect that works against the interests and wishes of the 27 countries. He doesn't understand they are the 27 countries. They can't say or do anything that is not what the 27 countries have decided is in their best interests. Not only that, all the 27 countries agree a UK sweetheart deal is definitely not in their interests. A big part of the Brexit religion is this Devil/Beelzebub/Anti-Rees-Mogg dimension. People are addicted to it.

Brexit will cause a degree of damage. It is not in the best interests of the 27 countries. However the 27 countries have decided cobbling up some half-baked arrangement to appease the British is more damaging than sucking up the pain the UK has thrust upon them. Original can express his vitriol against this frustrating turn of events but what he can't do is pretend it's due to some evil entity rather than democratically elected representatives of 27 separate nations. That is just a ridiculous distortion of reality.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Yes originalPM believes this wierd but extremely widespread myth that the 'EU' are some evil sect that works against the interests and wishes of the 27 countries. He doesn't understand they are the 27 countries. They can't say or do anything that is not what the 27 countries have decided is in their best interests. Not only that, all the 27 countries agree a UK sweetheart deal is definitely not in their interests. A big part of the Brexit religion is this Devil/Beelzebub/Anti-Rees-Mogg dimension. People are addicted to it.

Brexit will cause a degree of damage. It is not in the best interests of the 27 countries. However the 27 countries have decided cobbling up some half-baked arrangement to appease the British is more damaging than sucking up the pain the UK has thrust upon them. Original can express his vitriol against this frustrating turn of events but what he can't do is pretend it's due to some evil entity rather than democratically elected representatives of 27 separate nations. That is just a ridiculous distortion of reality.
          That's exactly what i think..

Fookin genius you are.

Comment

Fookin genius you are.

Yes but you're clearly a low-IQ cretin.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So would you care to enlighten us on how the evil EU have 'bullied' us? As far as I can see, all they've done so far is sit back and say 'No'. You could criticise that but, if you go for a contract at £500 a day and you ask for £800 and they so 'No', I don't think anybody would use the term 'bullying'. So, what are we remainers missing?
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                So would you care to enlighten us on how the evil EU have 'bullied' us? As far as I can see, all they've done so far is sit back and say 'No'. You could criticise that but, if you go for a contract at £500 a day and you ask for £800 and they so 'No', I don't think anybody would use the term 'bullying'. So, what are we remainers missing?

being b*ttF*cked by the EU?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  being b*ttF*cked by the EU?
                  But the UK holds all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    But the UK holds all the cards.
                    The top corner letters on those cards read - BEND OVER

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      The top corner letters on those cards read - BEND OVER

Comment