• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farmers clutching at straws

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers clutching at straws

Radio 4 this morning @5:45am : Farmers Union spokesman "There will still be potatoes in the shops after Brexit, fewer potatoes but there will be potatoes. They will be more expensive but food in the UK is too cheap anyway."

My comment muttered to myself is not publishable. "Fu** c***s ... "
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Radio 4 this morning @5:45am : Farmers Union spokesman "There will still be potatoes in the shops after Brexit, fewer potatoes but there will be potatoes. They will be more expensive but food in the UK is too cheap anyway."

My comment muttered to myself is not publishable. "Fu** c***s ... "
    There will be one potato after Brexit, and I will own 100% of it.

Comment

It'll be a red, white, & blue potato.

Do my fortnightly shopping in Aldi (really not the same as a UK Aldi) for the basics. After filling up the trolly we struggle to get past €80.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

farmers voted in majority for brexit, despite all the subsidies they get from the EU. Self inflicted misery.

Comment

UK appoints food supplies minister amid fears of no-deal Brexit

UK appoints food supplies minister amid fears of no-deal Brexit | Business | The Guardian
          The government has appointed a minister to oversee the protection of food supplies through the Brexit process
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I usually find the issue of farmers giving me gip is solved by anusol.

Comment

Cornish farmers will invade CUK again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Cornish farmers will invade CUK again!!!
                The Devon farmers already have ... he'll be along soon with some (half) wit and pointless emojis.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  The Devon farmers already have ... he'll be along soon with some (half) wit and pointless emojis.

AssGoo is Cornish? I suppose the Tin poisoning would explain it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    farmers voted in majority for brexit, despite all the subsidies they get from the EU. Self inflicted misery.
                    "In 2013, the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme was shut down for non-EU workers, by the EU. This was a well-regulated scheme that allowed 30,000 workers to come to the UK outside of the EU. This is one scheme, that, in the event of a vote to leave could be brought back and I am sure there are many non-Europeans that would be willing to work in the UK."

Ooh, who'd have thunk it?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X